kralendijk, Bonaire

AdventureBooklet

Cruising to Bonaire in near future and cannot decide what to do for the day! :eek: I have narrowed the choices down to spending the day at Lac Bay or booking the excursion "deluxe yacht and snorkel cruise bo56" (there are no reviews for this excursion and there is no specification of the snorkel spot). I love swimming in beautiful water and snorkeling. I'm worried about getting run over by windsurfers at Lac Bay. Any advice? :)

Keep in mind what time you actually get into port. On our last 10 night, we came in early,

about 8 am. Perfect for going on snorkel trips (we just like to hop the water taxi to no

name key) because the water is not so kicked up, and will be much more clear (and less

crowded). We were there all day. Love Bonaire, as one of our favorite ports.

On our upcoming 11 night, we don't get in until mid day, short day in port. Will probably

find a land based activity on that visit. Disappointed we won't be there very long. :(

This thread will probably get moved to the ports of call forum by the mods, so if you don't find it

on the RCI main board forum, look for it there. Enjoy Bonaire! :)

Edited by island lady

If you enjoy snorkeling, Woodwinds offers the most professional snorkeling outfit I have every used. The equipment and the pre-excursion instruction are top notch. First time I was ever offered my choice of snorkel mask based on magnification level for those of us who wear glasses.

I was a bit disappointed with the depth of the snorkeling site. I value an experience where you are closer to the seabed.

You will see a nice selection of fish in the water right along the pier as you walk to shore. And I particularly enjoyed the open air crafters market right at the pier gateway. Plenty of items made locally and the stalls were staffed by very gracious people who enjoyed chatting.

Island Lady, do you know if you are able to purchase tickets for the water taxi to No Name Beach right at the pier? I'm trying to decide if I should purchase ahead of time because I'm not quite sure if we'll go snorkeling or not. It would be nice to have the option to purchase when we get there, if possible.

Island Lady, do you know if you are able to purchase tickets for the water taxi to No Name Beach right at the pier? I'm trying to decide if I should purchase ahead of time because I'm not quite sure if we'll go snorkeling or not. It would be nice to have the option to purchase when we get there, if possible.

http://www.goodreturnbonaire.com/