Need suggestions for family oriented excursion

slcreads

My multi-generational family will be visiting Grand Caymans in December 2014 off the Carnival Conquest. We are looking for an excursion (private or ship run) that will have something for everyone. Ages run 8, 13, 36, 40, 60. Everyone is up for moderate physical activity. Some beach time ok. But not looking for beach/snorkeling intensive. Ideas?

I would hit the library and pick up a guidebook on GC...see what all there is to do in this port...and THEN you can decide HOW to do what interests you! It may end up that not everyone will want to do the same thing! Research is key to getting the most from you time ashore.

Often the cruise line will offer an opportunity to go on a small boat around the island. You could consider going to the beach.

Just look at on line sites such as trip advisor.com and frommers.com to get some additional ideas.

Keith

• 1 month later...

I would look at the excursions to stingray city. There are many operators that take you by boat where you can get into the water with the stingrays. It is an amazing experience. A lot of the excursions tack on some snorkelling.

My favourite is with Stingray Sailing because sailing to and from on the catamaran makes for such a relaxing excursion.