Royal Caribbean toy lending

CruisingTeacher19

Off Radiance in May...great nursery...and no problem with the lend-toy program...amazed at just how wonderful the play area was and at the number and variety of toys available !!

Edited by Ashland

• 4 weeks later...
Is this still going on on Navigator? We're sailing next month with two toddlers and having "new" toys would be a big hit, especially if I don't have to pack them :)

Just got off Navigator and the toy lending program was in place. Great selection of toys. Many of the toys we got were actually not Fischer Price so they seem to be commmitted to continuing toy lending since they have invested in a new selection of toys.

Just got off Navigator and the toy lending program was in place. Great selection of toys. Many of the toys we got were actually not Fischer Price so they seem to be commmitted to continuing toy lending since they have invested in a new selection of toys.

thanks!

I was on Independence last week and they still had the toy lending scheme. It was still Fisher Price toys and they also had some to play with (unhosted playtime for parents and tots) on deck 2 in one of the conference rooms.

we are looking to book this ship and it states it has a nursery like the Rhapsody that is supervised. Concerned as this is a selling point?

we are looking to book this ship and it states it has a nursery like the Rhapsody that is supervised. Concerned as this is a selling point?

Yes...The Indy has the Royal Babies & Tot's Nursery..it was added during their last drydock..May 2013.

I was on the Explorer last month, and they no longer had the toy lending program. I had inquired at Adventure Ocean when dropping off the older children, and one of the staff informed me they no longer lend toys out now that their contract with Fisher Price was over. There were a few toys during the day up in cloud nine/ viking crown lounge infants and toddles were welcome to use, and they had music and story time ( which we never made it because the times didnt work for our schedule). We did take our 14 month old up to play a few times which she seemed to enjoy. Overall, there was lots to do for older children, and my 8and 10 year old loved Adventure Ocean. However, there currently really is not too many resources/things to do for toddlers/ infants (under 3/not potty trained) on this ship.

I was on the Explorer last month, and they no longer had the toy lending program. I had inquired at Adventure Ocean when dropping off the older children, and one of the staff informed me they no longer lend toys out now that their contract with Fisher Price was over. There were a few toys during the day up in cloud nine/ viking crown lounge infants and toddles were welcome to use, and they had music and story time ( which we never made it because the times didnt work for our schedule). We did take our 14 month old up to play a few times which she seemed to enjoy. Overall, there was lots to do for older children, and my 8and 10 year old loved Adventure Ocean. However, there currently really is not too many resources/things to do for toddlers/ infants (under 3/not potty trained) on this ship.

My kid did Alaska in August on a ship that had "Royal babies" it had toy lending and programs for 6-36 mths without parent. We have booked for the summer with family and chose a ship with our agents help that had this. Our grandson will be just shy of 3.

My kid did Alaska in August on a ship that had "Royal babies" it had toy lending and programs for 6-36 mths without parent. We have booked for the summer with family and chose a ship with our agents help that had this. Our grandson will be just shy of 3.

Yes, it does depend on the ship. I knew in advance that the Explorer did not (yet) have the Royal Babies and Tots nursury, splash park with a " baby zone" and etc. I was hoping they would still have the toy lending program though. The cruise met all our other needs ( not having to fly, great deal). The newer ships and many of the ships that recently were in dry dock do have many more options for younger children.

• 2 weeks later...