dancing waiters on hal

dr.dawg

do any of you wish the waiters, already overworked, would now dance during dinner? i experienced this on my ONLY carnival cruise, and it was just awful, but maybe some of you 'hal-cats' would love it. in the mdr or lido on hal, how about turning down the lights, and out come the dancing waiters. what think you? apparently lots of folks would love it as evidenced by previous posts.

do any of you wish the waiters, already overworked, would now dance during dinner? i experienced this on my ONLY carnival cruise, and it was just awful, but maybe some of you 'hal-cats' would love it. in the mdr or lido on hal, how about turning down the lights, and out come the dancing waiters. what think you? apparently lots of folks would love it as evidenced by previous posts.

No:rolleyes:

The last night dinner has now vastly changed on our last several cruises - only a baked alaska parade and the new International Menu. We think this is great - it is nice to have some ritual to mark the end of the cruise and the menu has a lot of terrific choices - we like all the Asian ones. Good choice, HAL.

No.

We always avoided the Master Chef dinner and 'flying salad bowls'. The only entertainment we want in the MDR is good conversation, good food and wine.

We used to enjoy the last night, years ago, when they would sing the "good bye song' and wish us farewell. They presented us with copies of the lovely menu folders and said a fond farewell. Though they now have the International Menu........

Those days are gone.

No.

We always avoided the Master Chef dinner and 'flying salad bowls'. The only entertainment we want in the MDR is good conversation, good food and wine.

We used to enjoy the last night, years ago, when they would sing the "good bye song' and wish us farewell. They presented us with copies of the lovely menu folders and said a fond farewell. Though they now have the International Menu........

Those days are gone.

The dancing waiter, flying salad bowl days are what are gone. Now it is quite sedate and dignified. They sing the good by song, you get a copy of the International Menu and share if you wish only the joyous baked alaska parade to salute all those working behind the scenes.

In some up-state Catskill hotels..

No thanks....Why I always now skip the "special nights" anytime during the cruise, the last night being the worst, second only to the Capt. Welcoming.

Just somehow, in my mind, I dont think that the Captain nor any of the crew , had been waiting their whole life to meet me...:rolleyes:

No. I would hate it. All I require of my waiters is that they bring me the food I order, in a timely fashion.

I wish HAL (and other lines) would stop the ridiculous Bombe Alaska parade and all the napkin-twirling, too. Once you've seen it on one ship, it becomes boring. Bombe Alaska is over-rated, too.

I usually try to dine elsewhere if I know a dinner-time parade is going to happen on a particular night.

The last dinner event has really become a non-issue on a lot of HAL ships now. It is no longer the protracted affair with "entertainment" between courses, fewer menu options, and silly chefs hats.

In fact we were even served our dessert before the parade started so one could dine and leave if they wanted to avoid the baked alaska parade and fuss, but why not just enjoy the few extra minutes of appreciation and fun? Much changed now.

No reason to avoid it and miss your last night with your waiters if you have enjoyed their service company. (On at least the ships we have been on recently)

No. 1 - you have to be kidding! :rolleyes: No. 2 - please do not call us HAL fans, hal-cats.:eek: Most of the HAL fans cannot stand the halcats because they play too loud.

Archived