Celebrity M Class 6131

niborHS

I am now booked in Sky Suite 6101 for our 2/20 sailing on the Millenium. I see that 6131 is available and appears to be a little larger and have a much bigger balcony. Should I make the switch? We already have our tags, so it will mean crossing out our cabin number and hoping for the best on baggage delivery.

I say take it. The balcony is definitely bigger and I've even heard the cabin is a little bigger as well. I have it booked for my Constellation cruise. 6131/6132 are apparently two of the much coveted "secret" cabins in the SS catagory because of the extra size. The others are the 6145/6146 combination for being sandwiched between penthouse suites. Apparently those too are bigger and has nice appointments (wood matching penthouse), but downside is the adjoining doors and noise that may be hear. Those are also further aft, and not really my preference (last cruise was a little rough and was really felt in the aft sections of the ship)

Only downside I heard on the 6131 is the angle of the balcony allows the neighbors to see part of your balcony, but let's face it, none of them are really private. I'd grab it. I'll try to find some pictures that were somewhere on here.

I say go for it!!!!!

On another note, saw you were from Long Island on another post. Where about? I'm from Seaford.

• 3 weeks later...

The cabin itself was great, the extra balcony space especially. THe thing you might have seen me say that annoyed me was the worn toilet seat. I would say that was worse than the chunk of wood missing on th closet door. I feel that these things need to be fixed in drydock, but I think that the worn toilet seat could be changed anyway. I just have a thing about that I guess. Otherwise, everything worked out well. My husband didn't complain, although it certainly isn't a Royal Suite, believe me it was perfectly lovely for the $6000 saving.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I was starting to think it wasn't worth it. Some other people were saying stick with the concierge room, but I really was looking forward to the extra space and larger balcony!. Too bad about the two issues, maybe I'll be lucky and they will be fixed by November. (Can't believe I still have to wait that long!). Glad you enjoyed it and hope the rest of the trip was good.

I actually stuck it out until 5:40. From 2-4 I watched people pouring out of the complex and figured I'd wait for the rush to die down. Was a pretty good idea, but 135 was kind of slow. Took about 30 minutes to get home, and usually is about 10 minutes. You got a fine welcome back from the warm weather!

I leave for California on Sunday for a business/leisure trip so I can't wait to escape.

Oh, if you have some pictures you wouldn't mind sharing I'd love it. could send them over email if you don't mind.

Thanks again for the update!

We have very few pictures, most of them are what my son took of the teens the last night. None if the room, but the picture on the website is pretty good. You really get so much more room just to walk around in than in a regular cabin of any kind, even a concierge cabin. You're not tripping over each other when you walk around the bed, the bathroom is bigger, and the sofa/table/chair area is much more comfortable.

Archived