Triplet Facelift

cruiseyguy

When we cruised in mid-January the Hotel Manager on the Pride mentioned some of the improvements to us. In the suites, they plan to install DVD's and I believe he said flat screen TV's. He said they were going to reconfigure the entertainment center so that the TV is moved from the botton shelf to an area that is higher.

He did say they were going to expand the spa area.

They are going to also do some things in dry dock that won't be apparent to the passenger's.

That is all I remember although I think all of the plans were not final at that point.

I don't remember when it is planned for but think either later this year or early next year but just can't remember.

Keith

Perhaps they will also consider replacing the door lock system (Legend) so that doors can be closed quietly (without inserting the key card each time). The current system requires slamming the doors which can be easily heard in the adjacent cabin.

Pride will drydock between Oct. 30 and Nov. 13, then start cruising again from Ft. Lauderdale to Barbados.

Spirit drydocks from December 8 to 22 at Singapore.

Legend drydocks from January 3-17 and then starts again from Fort Lauderdale.

bgood

Cruising on the Spirit in January, Mr. Steinbrunner, the Spirit´s Hotel Manager, has told us that he and the other Hotel Managers would like to get the DVD´s & Flat Screens. He was however quite cautious on the subject, as the people in Lauderdale have not decided on the subject yet and they might be cut again by budget constraints.

BTW - The TV´s are still original equipment from the late 80´s.

Hmmm...the comment about doors needing to be slammed isn't quite right. As noted, if you insert the key card, you can turn the handle and close it quietly. You only have to slam it if you aren't willing to do that. Your choice.

The doors can't be "unlocked" so they don't get left that way inadvertently, I s'pose.

bgood

DVDs would help, since it is easy for folks to being some along. Moving the TV HIGHER is way more important than flat screen TVS. Everyone gets all "hot" over flatscreen TVs, but the part you watch is the SAME as a regular TV.

I just don't get that part, other than it is 'sexy' I guess.

The big advantage of a flat screen TV is that it gives a superior view from a wider angle, i.e. if you're not right in front of it, it still looks pretty good.

bgood

In a weak moment we booked a week on Silversea--we had a large flat screen in the grand suite--if was a great screen and picture--you could view from all parts of the room--it really was much better than the old style screen--just wish the cruise had been as good!

HEY CRUISIN'...that is a small price for you fellows to pay for the beautification of your beloveds!...and...look at it this way...we are not hogging the bathroom!

Fun aside..on the old Sea Goddess [now the SeaDream]...this was not a problem..as the bed was on the out side wall..and the living area next to the bath...also, it was nice, there was a curtain that could be drawn across the bedroom area..so that when the "ansty" husband got up early...he could have the lights on..etc...without disturbing "her highness".

Matt~~~a 'lit trick I learned a few years ago concerning the chair in front of the dressing table. Move the fabric round "barrel stool" to your dressing table, then move the chair to the far end of the cocktail table. I usually place it in front of the sliding glass door. WALLA~~~~lots of room as the "barrel" will slide under the table nicely.

Creates alot more room!

Happy you had a grrrreat time on the Crossing!

Martita B.

Matt~~~well honey, just kick 'yoreself straight over to your Travel Agent and book another 'lit voyage, so that you can MOVE THAT dern dressing chair!! It is a PAIN, that chair! I started this years ago.......but then, I kinda rearrange my furniture in my suite.

Wait until you hear the lastest~~~~of the 2006 "Tickled Pink" Crossing~~~~Oh Lordy!

Martita B.

Archived