What do 3 year olds wear in MDR

cruisingwithtwins

DD (2 years old) wore her Easter dress one night & a dressy dress the other formal night. Honestly, she would have been fine in a nice sundress. Most little boys I saw had khakis with a shirt & tie, but I think I saw 1 or 2 in suits or tuxes.

Other nights she wore sundresses or pant/Capri sets. Boys were mostly in pants & polo type shirts.

My son is 4. For formal night, he has nice pants, button down shirt, tie and vest. All other nights, he will wear a collared shirt. I have never taken a cruise with him, but I plan to dress him according to what I would wear.

It depends on you and the ship. We like to dress up because cruises are our only opportunity to do so as an entire family. We always purchase some of the photos and use them for cards and things.

For our Carnival cruise my son wore a suit for 1 formal night, a sailor suit for another, and khakis and a dress shirt the other nights.

On our Celebrity cruise he wore a tux 1 formal night, the tux sans jacket and bow tie the second. The other nights he had nice slacks and a button down shirt.

The next cruise we take has more casual dining and we plan for him to be in the kids' club so we will bring his khakis and a few polo shirts. I may bring 1 suit for photos.

I've done polo shirts, nice short & long sleeve button downs and suits. If you are into dressing them up, go for it, but if you don't want to or cost is a concern, don't worry about them meeting the adult dress code.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

On one of our cruises, there were two toddler boys at the next table. Not sure if I would have done late seating with such young ones as the younger always fell asleep in his mom's lap before dinner was over. On the formal nights, they were decked out in little tuxes to match their dad's. Couldn't have been cuter.

My 3 yr old wore a sundress every night except formal nights she wore a big ballgown. She definitely would have been fine in a dressier sundress or an Easter dress type but if you knew my daughter you would understand. She LIVES for dressing up, she is so excited to wear "princess dresses" and refuses to wear Pants anywhere, even the playground, so we let her go big on formal night lol.

My 2 yr old wore just nice shorts and a polo on regular nights, some days even a tee shirt. On formal nights he wore black dress pants & a white button down.

image.jpg.ed878263e28219695a9331242538698e.jpg

My kids and grandkids always enjoyed dressing up. It made them feel special and strangers complimenting them didn't hurt either. Fancy dresses and tux type outfits.

Fast forward. I take my 5 YO grandson on a cruise. We've bought him a tux outfit. He refers to it as "my wedding suit". He brings black wool gloves to wear with it. So the first formal night he wears the "wedding suit". He thoroughly enjoys it, gloves and all. The second formal night I tell him to get dressed. He says to me, "but grandma, I already got married on this cruise!".

Dressing up the kids is great for pictures. They make the perfect memory. We do it for us, not the other passengers.

Archived