LL Bean shuttle?

Beach4me

Is there an LL Bean shuttle from the dock? I know the ship offers an excursion but I was hoping that we could just play it by ear. We aren't sure we want to go out to LL Bean but are hoping that if we decide we want to spend a few hours there, we could just get on a shuttle.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Is there an LL Bean shuttle from the dock? I know the ship offers an excursion but I was hoping that we could just play it by ear. We aren't sure we want to go out to LL Bean but are hoping that if we decide we want to spend a few hours there, we could just get on a shuttle.

Thanks in advance for your answers!

There is no shuttle to LL Bean in Freeport from Portland. Also, there is no public transportation for the trip either. Your only choices are taxi, car rental, cruise ship excursion, or group van rental.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

The LL Bean that used to be in Portland closed...... sadly.

HAL used to send an excursion bus to Freeport but no longer does..... sadly.

I think you need a rental car. Taxi isn't really practical.

We live in Boston and spent an overnight in Portland with our friends last September. The ride from our B&B to LL Bean was about 30 minutes on highway.... maybe a little more. Might be hard to get a taxi back to the ship.

Thanks for your replies.

Luckily, RCCL does offer an "excursion" to Freeport. I've got it booked for our family.

Have a great weekend, all!

There's actually alot to see and do in freeport other than the outlets, although that is the big draw, so an excursion might be nice.

You're better off going to the flagship store anyway, the old one near the Old Port wasn't much of a store anyway.

There's actually alot to see and do in freeport other than the outlets, although that is the big draw, so an excursion might be nice.

You're better off going to the flagship store anyway, the old one near the Old Port wasn't much of a store anyway.

Agreed. This is my 4th New England cruise. I've done everything I want to do in Portland so I thought just a quick run out to Freeport would be something to do for a few hours. Since I've never paid any attention to the LL Bean trip in the past as I've had other things on my list, I just never noticed whether or not there was a shuttle.

I really enjoy the NE run. In fact, it and Alaska have become my cruises of choice right now. I love the Radiance class ships...so it works out really well!

Archived