Single parents-Pride of America 11/19/05?

nomadia

I will be cruising with my 16 yr old who is a very experienced cruiser and who will make an instant band of friends and abandon me within hours of boarding the ship. I love the downtime and solitude but also enjoy going to some of the evening festivities and some adult conversation. We are meeting my brother and his family on land for an early Thanksgiving on the Wednesday docking in Kona. Other than that, I won't know a soul for the whole week. I am 46 and I cruise alot. I will also be going on my first cruise as a single (rather than single parent) in the first week of November to Barcelona with a group of timeshare owners. I am hitting the singles cruise board in hopes of avoiding some of the boredom I experienced last Thanksgiving on Jewel of the Seas RCCL where they did not have one singles event. I was all set to try my first singles event. I guess Thanksgiving is not the best time for that kind of thing but I thought they would have at least one mixer. I still had a great time although I do not believe I saw one single over 40 on the ship the whole week.

• 7 years later...

Are you talking about the cruise out of Baltimore that departs on the 18th? I'm a single male, 46 in the same shape as you. Kids will dump me off first thing. I'd love to make new friends on the ship, maybe we can play cards or something. At present we are supposed to be 7148. Name is Steve.

Archived