Which is your favorite cruise line for going solo

bobbisailsolo

Price not being an issue, what is your favorite cruise line for traveling solo, and why? Just interested in hearing some thoughts on this. I"ve gone solo on NCL, Princess and HAL. I have to admit my best experience as a solo cruiser was NCL (on their smaller ships). Possibly it's because it so casual, but I found passengers to be very warm and friendly. I can't say the same for Princess and HAL, though I do like cruising with HAL and am planning my next cruise on the Rotterdam.

Bobbi

I have been sailing with Celebrity since 2003. Why do I like them? Because I always

feel very welcomed:)and feel like a get a wonderful value for my money. Oh, I find the other

passengers quite friendly as well. Of course you may get the idiot who

thinks sailing solo is odd:rolleyes:..but you probably find that on every cruiseline.

And of course I have learned over the years, that is their problem, not mine.....

Oh, I love the service I receive too:)....I keep going back to them, so

I really love my entire cruise experience:D.....many times I see staff

and crew I know from previous sailings as well:)...it is all good!

Going on a cruise in 2 weeks and then to Alaska in MAY!

Edited by Lois R

Lois, Haven't tried Celebrity yet. But I did once get a quote on a fantastic deal. I was surprised that they offered a reduced single rate on an already super reduced fare!

That is VERY, VERY ODD.........:eek: something must not have been selling

well for that to happen.

I have been sailing with Celebrity since 2003. Why do I like them? Because I always

feel very welcomed:)and feel like a get a wonderful value for my money. Oh, I find the other

passengers quite friendly as well. Of course you may get the idiot who

thinks sailing solo is odd:rolleyes:..but you probably find that on every cruiseline.

And of course I have learned over the years, that is their problem, not mine.....

Oh, I love the service I receive too:)....I keep going back to them, so

I really love my entire cruise experience:D.....many times I see staff

and crew I know from previous sailings as well:)...it is all good!

Going on a cruise in 2 weeks and then to Alaska in MAY!

Yes, I agree[emoji4]

Price not being an issue, what is your favorite cruise line for traveling solo, and why? Just interested in hearing some thoughts on this. I"ve gone solo on NCL, Princess and HAL. I have to admit my best experience as a solo cruiser was NCL (on their smaller ships). Possibly it's because it so casual, but I found passengers to be very warm and friendly. I can't say the same for Princess and HAL, though I do like cruising with HAL and am planning my next cruise on the Rotterdam.

Bobbi

I Love Celebrity. I did a solo transatlantic on Celebrity Equinox in November, and had great dinner companions, met people at the Martini and Molecular bars. Am considering a singles hosted cruise on the Celeb Summit, and I hope I'm not disappointed since it's an older ship with less amenities.

I Love Celebrity. I did a solo transatlantic on Celebrity Equinox in November, and had great dinner companions, met people at the Martini and Molecular bars. Am considering a singles hosted cruise on the Celeb Summit, and I hope I'm not disappointed since it's an older ship with less amenities.

Hi Dori, I have sailed Summit 6 times....she is one of my most favorite

ships....I don't care that she is older......I love her:)

I am surprised there is a "singles cruise".......then again, I don't ever

look for them.

Hi Dori, I have sailed Summit 6 times....she is one of my most favorite

ships....I don't care that she is older......I love her:)

I am surprised there is a "singles cruise".......then again, I don't ever

look for them.

I'm more interested in "solo" than "singles". If there are hosted activities, it's easy to meet fellow travelers. It's not sponsored by Celebrity.

I'm more interested in "solo" than "singles". If there are hosted activities, it's easy to meet fellow travelers. It's not sponsored by Celebrity.

Ahhh gotcha, I don't even look for that kind of stuff on board as it is

not anything I am interesed in.....as long as folks are friendly, that

is more of what matters to me.

You mentioned possibly being disappointed? I LOVE SUMMIT.....she has

never disappointed me:D and I have sailed all the S class ships. I am

going on her sister ship in 2 weeks (Constellation) and can't wait:)

Hope you have a great cruise:D

NCL for the studio lounge, prior luck with last minute upgrades with low/no supplement, music venues, and being able to play on stage with other musicians. I will likely stick with them, but if other people I met were going on non NCL ships, I would defintely join them

I discovered the world of solo cruising because NCL introduced the EPIC.

Before that I only cruised when someone could be convinced to share a cabin with me.wanting to cruise more often, I was glad to see a company marketing

to solo travelers😃.

Since 2010 I have been on the EPIC 5 times and even though I did not always sail in a studio,or solo I did participate in the studio lounge program.I will always

Want my own cabin on my cruises from now on!

Until I try all of Norwegians ships with studios,I will keep buying future cruise certificates and enjoying their solo travelers program.yes and the free

Upgrades are nice.

A few years ago I would have said Celebrity, but lately I've been booking more based on itinerary and price and convenience for my schedule so have tried several other lines, and enjoyed them all. They all have something a little bit different to enjoy. For solo "programming" to help you meet other solos, I think NCL's new ships with the studio lounge are the best bet. But I'm not really too interested in that so for me, it isn't a big draw.

I haven't tried Carnival yet but have sailed on all the other major cruise lines I think, and would sail any of them again for the right itinerary, timing, and price. :)

Is it "legal" to post what cruise you received a great deal on?

Oh, she can say what cruise it was, yes:) but if it was booked through

a Travel Agency...that name is not allowed.

Is it "legal" to post what cruise you received a great deal on?

It was a quite a while ago. It was about $1000 for eqypt and holylands advertised for something like $799 for a double. I considered booking but changed my mind, which was a good thing as war broke out and I read ports were canceled. Celeb silhouette 12 nights as I recall. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bobbisailsolo

I have only been on two cruises thus far, both solo. My first cruise was with celebrity on the summit. while i found the days to be a bit slow and activities a little too subdued for me at the time, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the ship as the staff was top notch and very friendly. My second solo adventure was on RCCL, I found the activities to be more up to my speed. I played dodgeball for the first time in ages and had a ball.. I discovered that I like sea days better than port days but also discovered that cruises over 7 days are probably not my cup of tea. I am hoping to try the other cruise lines over the next couple of years. I am thinking NCL for 2016 as I see them offering some good deals that might be of interest to me.

Bobbi

For me it is Crystal.......the service is excellent, the food is terrific, the price is (virtually) all inclusive so there's no up-selling or nickel-and-diming for everything. The people I've met (solo or not) have all been friendly (and most of them interesting), and the ships offer a lot of comfort and not a lot of crowds. I appreciate the lack of crowds and the laid-back and relaxing atmosphere of their ships most of all (well, along with the great food, LOL).

For me it is Crystal.......the service is excellent, the food is terrific, the price is (virtually) all inclusive so there's no up-selling or nickel-and-diming for everything. The people I've met (solo or not) have all been friendly (and most of them interesting), and the ships offer a lot of comfort and not a lot of crowds. I appreciate the lack of crowds and the laid-back and relaxing atmosphere of their ships most of all (well, along with the great food, LOL).

I took at look at their website... They have some special solo rates advertised. Seems like they do a lot of overnights in ports which is nice!

I love Azamara. Several of their cruises are only 25% single supplement, lots of activities for those going solo, everyone is friendly, and it is all inclusive. I think it is the best deal around

Bobbi

I love Azamara. Several of their cruises are only 25% single supplement, lots of activities for those going solo, everyone is friendly, and it is all inclusive. I think it is the best deal around

Hi:).....never sailed with them before. Even when I look at the lower

supplement, the price of the cruise is very high (for me). I do know

quite a few people who love the line though.

If price weren't an issue, I'm sure I'd at least try Azamara, Crystal, Viking and the like. But it is, so I haven't :)

For me, Celebrity is my line of choice. I will sail others occasionally if the price/itinerary is significantly more advantageous, but haven't found any I really enjoyed as much as Celebrity.

If price weren't an issue, I'm sure I'd at least try Azamara, Crystal, Viking and the like. But it is, so I haven't :)

For me, Celebrity is my line of choice. I will sail others occasionally if the price/itinerary is significantly more advantageous, but haven't found any I really enjoyed as much as Celebrity.

I think I would try Azamara, but crystal would probably be a bit too formal for me. I would like to try the Marco Polo., Voyages of discovery and Oceania, but they just don't seem to want to work with solos.... Based on the 200% single supp.

I also love Crystal. They have a low single supplement rate, and their education and recreational offerings are top notch. Unfortunately with only two ships, there is a limited selection of cruises.

I am going on Hurtigruten this spring as a solo. Will report back how that goes.

I also love Crystal. They have a low single supplement rate, and their education and recreational offerings are top notch. Unfortunately with only two ships, there is a limited selection of cruises.

I am going on Hurtigruten this spring as a solo. Will report back how that goes.

Yes, please do. I'm booked for 2016!