Anyone Successful in the Carnival Price Protection Guarantee?

MrPete

Well......doesn't look good. I was also hoping to learn the secret. After being denied three times, I have even written a strongly worded letter and asked for " a person" to call me and have not rec'd so much as another peep from customer service.

I've had no problems with it. Put in my first request and had it on day 2 credited as OBC. Put in another yesterday and figure I'll see it tomorrow.

The ones having problems are trying to match rates they don't qualify for in most cases.

I'm reading one too many complaints about pax unsuccessful in Carnival's new price guarantee, so now looking for those that may have had successs.

There have been lots of successes with ES price protection submissions. Like most things on the board the people that werent successful get more of the attention.

On almost all the threads where people mention problems, there are several that mention getting several adjustments.

When we've gotten the details, Any number of customers have submitted the claim forms themselves, when they've booked via TA (the TA has to submit the form), have submitted the 48 Hour Price Protection form instead of the Early Saver form, and have submitted claims for price adjustments they aren't eligible for. there have been plenty of posts from those who've almost immediately received their price adjustments. ken

When I was looking at booking my cruise at first, I did have a TA tell me that they wouldn't book the Early Saver Rate. If I wanted it, I would need to do it directly with Carnival. No worries there, had already planned to, but was doing research...

When I questioned them a little more, they finally fessed up that since they know I'm a "fare watcher", I would catch price drops before final payment. Which in turn would cut into their overall commission for the cruise. Now, if I didn't watch fares and then once final payment had come and gone and they had gotten their commission, then no problem, they would book Early Saver Rate for that kind of cruiser, ya know, clueless. :cool:

I'm reading one too many complaints about pax unsuccessful in Carnival's new price guarantee, so now looking for those that may have had successs.

The complaints arise because those involved have not completely read the rules on these new fares and price protections. There are many rules and caveats.

If one takes the time and reads them, understands them, there should be no confusion and no complaints.

Those who take the time have been rewarded for it.....those who simply believe that anything goes as long as the fare is "lower" are disappointed.

G'Ma said it! Most of the complaints are from those who didn't understand the rules and used the wrong claim form or were ineligible for the price drop they applied for.

theres a three-page thread here where it turns out that the poster was repeatedly applying and calling for ES price adjustment based on advertised fares for the Cash Back booking, which is clearly stated as not eligible for Early Saver. Another poster didn't even know if they had an Early Saver booking, but was submitting the claim form anyway. ken

I cannot speak for the others with problems but I have no problem understanding the rules. I am not speaking of the ES program, I am speaking of the 110% Best Price Guarantee which states "You'll have 48 hours from the time you book to find a lower price (applies to publically available rates". My TA booked directly with Carnival and 45 hours later I filed a form asking the lower fare posted on CCL's own site. According to CCL, the form is to be completed by the guest regardless of who actually booked the trip. My TA also tried to obtain the credit within the 48 hours. The argument given by CCL is my TA obtained information 52 hours out and they are saying this is a booking. No cabin was held, no money was exchanged until 45 hours before I filed the claim. They are playing games. If I was a booked guest, why did I not receive a booking number until we confirmed??

• 10 months later...

As a former legal aid, I'm confident that I am competent enough, as well as intelligent enough to understand Carnival Cruise Lines rules regarding the Early Saver fare promotion.

The rules are very clear and easy to understand. However, just because some customers have success in receiving their onboard credit, does not guarantee that everyone will. Therefore, people should not automatically assume the consumer does not have a legitimate complaint.

I've found that when hundreds of dollars are involved, people will take the time to read and understand the rules.

In my research I have discovered there are more complaints against the Early Saver promotion.

Our cruise was booked in April 2009 for a February 2010 sailing -- a 10 month advance on an 8 day cruise -- qualified for the Early Saver promotion price protection guarantee.

On numerous occasions I noticed a price reduction in the fare for our exact cabin category; our exact number of passengers; on the exact ship; for the exact same sailing we were booked.

Each and every time I found an eligible fare reduction, I'd send my Carnival Vacation Planner [i prefer to book directly with Carnival using a vacation planner] a copy of the price reduction by e-mail. I also printed a copy for myself, as that provided me conclusive proof of not only the reduced price, but the date as well.

I find that completing my transactions online is most convenient for me, so after communicating a price reduction with my vacation planner, I'd submit an online claim form with Carnival.

Despite all of my record keeping/documentation, e-mails to my Carnival Vacation Planner, and online submissions, Carnival simply claimed not to have received my submissions.

Lucky for me, I actually saved my e-mail correspondence with my vacation planner. The correspondence is directly related to the Early Saver promotion -- and is more than 4 months old dating back to october 2009 -- providing conclusive proof. In this e-mail my vacation planner

provided the link to the online claim form that I used for my submissions.

If Carnival is going to try to fool a seasoned pro such as myself, I have no doubt Carnival will try to take advantage of the average cruiser.

Since I have documentation to support my claim, I'm confident I will receive my refund even after my cruise, so no worries there. However, I am greatly perturbed that I must prove my case to Carnival, when all they need to do is 1) verify my booking date; 2) read my e-mail correspondence; 3) examine my documented price reductions.

If this is frustrating for me ...I can't imagine how terrible it must be for others to articulate the same complaint.

What I can advise is to have anyone who is certain they were eligible for

participation in the Early saver promotion, but denied, to contact me. If we were to get enough people wronged by carnival, a class action could be filed for compensation.

When I was looking at booking my cruise at first, I did have a TA tell me that they wouldn't book the Early Saver Rate. If I wanted it, I would need to do it directly with Carnival. No worries there, had already planned to, but was doing research...

When I questioned them a little more, they finally fessed up that since they know I'm a "fare watcher", I would catch price drops before final payment. Which in turn would cut into their overall commission for the cruise. Now, if I didn't watch fares and then once final payment had come and gone and they had gotten their commission, then no problem, they would book Early Saver Rate for that kind of cruiser, ya know, clueless. :cool:

Interesting. Perhaps another benefit for booking directly either via CCL.com or CCL PVP. In our case, we booked an Early Saver fare through a Carnival PVP for a sailing in March. Have seen two rate reductions in the last 30 days. Filed for an OBC in both cases; first time via our PVP, and the second time directly from CCL.com. In both cases, the credit was approved in less than 72 hours, and as it sits right now, we have $320 in OBC waiting for us to spend on board.

My only caution to you would be that you print out your screen shots 24 hours before your sail date so that you can have written proof of the credits. I also received the ES credits, but it was a hassle on board. One of our cabins did not show the OBC we were supposed to have. Thankfully, our first stop was Key West and I was able to call corporate CCL from my cell phone and have them get in touch with the ship to properly credit my account ... otherwise, who knows what the outcome would have been.

Also, CCL locks you out of your account ON your sail date, so you need to go in by midnight of the night before you sail and print any records/fun passes/ etc that you might need. I only know this because someone in my party thought they had lost their funpass so we went back in to print one out and found that we'd lost access ... they said we had "sailed" already. (we later found the funpass in her airline ticket envelope)

Without written proof that you have received credits, you may have issues getting them credited to you on board.

Are you talking about

(1) the 110% Price Protection guarantee? or

(2) the Early Saver Price Protection?

If (1) realize that Carnival's interpretation of this is that it ONLY addresses the situation where you book with Carnival and within 48 hours find and report a lower Carnival Advertised fare for the exact same cruise, ship, category and number of PAX.

If (2) there are some who are denied the claim (often not a legitimate claim under Terms & Conditions) but Many who have no problems.

ken

My only caution to you would be that you print out your screen shots 24 hours before your sail date so that you can have written proof of the credits. I also received the ES credits, but it was a hassle on board. One of our cabins did not show the OBC we were supposed to have. Thankfully, our first stop was Key West and I was able to call corporate CCL from my cell phone and have them get in touch with the ship to properly credit my account ... otherwise, who knows what the outcome would have been.

Also, CCL locks you out of your account ON your sail date, so you need to go in by midnight of the night before you sail and print any records/fun passes/ etc that you might need. I only know this because someone in my party thought they had lost their funpass so we went back in to print one out and found that we'd lost access ... they said we had "sailed" already. (we later found the funpass in her airline ticket envelope)

Without written proof that you have received credits, you may have issues getting them credited to you on board.

Good thought. Thanks for the recommendation...

I have two cabins, one with two pax, and one with three. The first time I submitted the ES form, I was rejected. I had not put in which promotion was lower for the rate drop. I resubmitted, and was approved the next time. I have since submitted one other form, without any problems.

As a former legal aid, I'm confident that I am competent enough, as well as intelligent enough to understand Carnival Cruise Lines rules regarding the Early Saver fare promotion.

participation in the Early saver promotion, but denied, to contact me. If we were to get enough people wronged by carnival, a class action could be filed for compensation.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry at your statements. I can only hope that have a real lawyer to consult before taking on the big boys of Carnivals legal department.

I was just successful. Two weks ago I booked Carnival Imagination on a Thursday afternoon. Saturday morning the prices went down $20 per person. i filled out the form and got a obo of $44 . Better then a kid in the butt. Only owe $36 for gratuties now...:D

Charleyann

Originally Posted by up2early

This IS a joke, right? ken

Originally Posted by up2early

This IS a joke, right? ken

There are serious, they started another thread on another board trying to drum up support for a law suit against Carnival. Not getting much support over there either.

Archived