Masonic Get-Together on QM2?

HeelMD

I saw on one of the sample day schedules of a previous cruise that there was a get-together for Masons. Is that every cruise?

we have sailed 4 times. this is the first we have heard of a masons group and/or meeting. perhaps you saw a group sailing.

We enjoyed the company of Masons from America, UK, Holland and Belgium at a cocktail party in the Commodore Club during our cruise last year . A Mason from a UK lodge took the initiative to post in the daily ships newsletter.

A cocktail party was arranged for all the Masons which was attended by QM2 Officers and we had a lovely evening!

Monies raised on the evening was given to RNLI.

Thanks for the replies. I read it on the sample cruise day schedule posted on the Cunard website which I believe was from around April 2007. I may see if I can arrange one on my cruise.

Thanks for the replies. I read it on the sample cruise day schedule posted on the Cunard website which I believe was from around April 2007. I may see if I can arrange one on my cruise.
I believe they also have a generic "service clubs" get-together. (Elks, Lions, Rotary, etc) I don't know why this couldn't be expanded to mean Masonic, also.

Karie

• 2 weeks later...
I saw on one of the sample day schedules of a previous cruise that there was a get-together for Masons. Is that every cruise?

There was one on the June 4th, 2007 cruise. I didn't get a chance to go, but it was in the Daily Programme.

Care,

Bill

Archived