Priority Checkin for C&A

According to the RCI website all levels of C&A are eligible for priority boarding. I tried to cut paste it but it wouldn't let me. Here is the link that says it...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

But it has a small number 3 by the statement. #3 means...

3 Subject to availability.

My questions is... How do you know the eligibility for your particualar cruise? I am Gold and won't be Platinum until the completion of this next cruise.

But don't want to miss a chance to get in a Priority boarding line is I do qualify.

We will be going out of San Juan.

According to the RCI website all levels of C&A are eligible for priority boarding. I tried to cut paste it but it wouldn't let me. Here is the link that says it...

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

But it has a small number 3 by the statement. #3 means...

3 Subject to availability.

My questions is... How do you know the eligibility for your particualar cruise? I am Gold and won't be Platinum until the completion of this next cruise.

But don't want to miss a chance to get in a Priority boarding line is I do qualify.

We will be going out of San Juan.

Subject to Availability is referring to the port and not the C&A Member. If the port has the ability to do priority boarding they will. Some ports are just not equipped to handle priority boarding.

I have read several reviews that have said San Juan has priority boarding.

I missed the your last sentence. :oThen being a Gold Member, you will have Priority Boarding if San Juan will recognize Gold Members. Just because it's written on the C&A web, doesn't necessarily mean that the port has to follow what is printed.

Footnote #3 on the Members Benefits Page is a general explanation in regards to all ports. So, another port might not offer priority boarding to certain C&A levels because they just aren't capable or do not have the facilities to do so.

I decided to go directly to the source. Called C&A and they said that "yes there is priority boarding for ANY level of C&A member". Just as long as you booked with your number.

If that's the case, you may find that the generic line might be shorter.:D

So now that we've finally reached Platinum and have priority boarding, they're adding Gold to the priority boarding? So regular boarding will be first-time cruisers only?

Remember, everyone had to start at Gold and work their way up.:D They should just call it C&A boarding as "priority" has really lost it's meaning.

Completely!

So now that we've finally reached Platinum and have priority boarding, they're adding Gold to the priority boarding? So regular boarding will be first-time cruisers only?

Yeah, pretty much. Interesting, hey?

Yes from the email we received it looks like we made it to Platinum for nothing, was really looking forward to having the priority board, now they are offering to Gold as well. Why couldnt they have done that when we were still Gold - Oh well from I can see only first time cruisers wont get priority boarding.

I can vouch that the general line will be shorter if you're checking in for a TA, so many C&A members on those type of sailings the priority lines are long....

I have read several reviews that have said San Juan has priority boarding.

San Juan does not have priortiy boarding but it is for Platinum and above. At least it was in November. We were Gold status at the time and were not allowed to use it.

San Juan does not have priortiy boarding but it is for Platinum and above. At least it was in November. We were Gold status at the time and were not allowed to use it.

Priority Boarding for Gold Members was just started in April, if I remember correctly.

It is my understanding that there is a Gold Priority line and then a Platinum and above Priority Line, and then General Boarding. I read that somewhere.....but I cannot confirm as last I cruised was February before they added Gold Priority.

When we cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale in May there were separate lines for Gold and Platinum and above status.

It was really not needed as they are so efficient at Port Everglades that no line was very long.

When we cruised in April, we were gold status and yes they gave us priority check in, which was surprising. didn't know they changed that. we reached platinum on that cruise so now I guess there isn't much of a change for our next cruise. mmmm....is there anything for the platinum level????

Just don't confuse gold level with gold card (suite access) when looking at signs in the terminal or onboard. I saw people screaming at workers about the benefits they "deserved" as gold members when they were trying to access gold card areas.

When we cruised in April, we were gold status and yes they gave us priority check in, which was surprising. didn't know they changed that. we reached platinum on that cruise so now I guess there isn't much of a change for our next cruise. mmmm....is there anything for the platinum level????

As far as checking in, you will be directed to the line for Platinum, Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and PC Members.

Once on board you will receive Current On Board Ultimate Value Coupons by C&A Level.

If you book a cruise on board you will be eligible for Platinum~Emerald~Diamond~Diamond Plus~Pinnacle Balcony Discounts as of Jan. 21, 2011

Archived