hi, it's me!!

k9trix

Hello there! Thought I would introduce myself over on this board. It looks like I already did on the Solo Board but that was a while ago (I totally forgot I did!). I'm a bit of a lurker, but I am going to try to become a little more involved so maybe if I run into some CC people I will actually realize it! I'm soon-to-be 40yo, single, no kids and a police dispatcher. My next cruise is going to be a Mediterranean in October, a 40th birthday celebration for me and my best friend from high school. I am pretty sure she is still able to go and maybe some other friends, but after that one I think I am mainly going to be looking for solo cruises. And I will still be going to the Mediterranean even if they all have to drop out. Most of my friends are married with kids and with that and work it is just not always easy to get away at the same time. And I don't want to wait anymore, I want to get back to traveling!! I often say that I am too independent for my own good but for some reason I got out of the habit of traveling alone. I think my main concern (like a lot of other people's) is dining at a table with people I don't know, but I figure if I totally chicken out I can do the buffet with my kindle or even room service. I'm not sure about excursions either, I don't want to feel like a 3rd wheel. What I have learned about myself over the years is that in a group I tend to be a little shy, especially if I don't know some people. I am content letting my friends handle the conversation, etc. But when I am either with people I am comfortable with or by myself and meeting new people, I tend to be much more sociable. So I think solo cruising might be just what I need. What I am looking forward to in a solo cruise is: getting away and having some fun of course, not having to plan everything for everybody (just me and if I don't like what I plan then I can always switch it up) and what someone else mentioned, I can be anybody I want, I don't necessarily have to behave like everybody expects me to. I also hope to make some friends on CC so that I can live vicariously through them when I don't have a cruise planned ;) and maybe meet up if we happen to choose the same vacation. Happy Cruising!!

Trixie :D

Archived