Behind the fun tour question?

d-lite-n-cruisin

How do I book this and how much is it?

Visit the Shore Excursion Desk as soon as possible because of limited capacity. If you're reserving this prior to the desk opening on embarkation day, Guest Services will be able to accommodate you.

Fantasy class ships charge $55 for Behind the Fun and all other ships charge $95.

(Should be $95. If it's not, someone will come by soon to correct it.)

Edited by Disconnections

Prior to our first cruise on the Liberty back in 2012, we were never really interested in trying the Steakhouse. However, after taking the Behind the Fun Tour, which included the Steakhouse, we were so impressed that we decided to make a reservation for the Steakhouse on our next cruise. That was just one of many interesting highlights on the tour.

Carnival’s “BEHIND THE FUN” Tour Unique Insight into the Line’s Shipboard Operations

For those who want to get an insider’s look at the inner-workings of a Carnival “Fun Ship,” the line has created Behind the Fun, a guided tour that provides guests with a unique insight into the company’s shipboard operations.

Behind the Fun is offered fleetwide. On 3/4/5 day cruises, a shortened version of the described tour below will be approximately 2 hours and cost $55 per person.

On cruises 6 days or longer, the informative 3-1/2 hour tour offers participants a behind-the-scenes look at a wide range of shipboard venues that are normally off limits to guests. During the tour, key shipboard personnel, including the captain, chief engineer, chef de cuisine and other department heads, share their vast knowledge in their particular area of expertise.

Behind the Fun begins with a stop backstage in the main show lounge where participants can see exactly what goes into creating Carnival’s award-winning revues. The tour then moves on to normally restricted areas such as the laundry room, crew galley and dining room, crew gym and crew training center.

Next it’s on to the expansive main galley where talented culinary artists prepare upwards of 12,000 meals and snacks a day for Carnival’s guests. The tour also includes a visit to the ship’s bridge and engine control room and informative Q&A sessions with the captain and chief engineer, respectively.

In addition to a comprehensive overview of Carnival’s shipboard operations, Behind the Fun participants receive a number of commemorative gifts, including a custom-made Behind the Fun baseball cap and lanyard, a Team Carnival Picture Perfect book with stunning photographs of Carnival ships and destinations taken by the line’s employees and complimentary photos with the captain on the bridge.

Behind the Fun tours can be booked through the ships’ shore excursion desk. The cost is $95 per person and capacity is limited to 16 guests per tour. Guests must be 8 years old or older to participate; anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

General Information

Tours are conducted on the last sea day of each cruise.

Guests are not permitted to have cameras, cell phones or video recording equipment on the tour.

Guests must be 8 or older to participate; anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.

The tour is approximately 3-1/2 hours for cruises 6 days and longer and approximately 2 hours for 3/4/5 day cruises.

The tour can only be purchased on board through the Shore Excursion Desk.

No electronics, security will wand you before you leave the meeting place (usually the Library).

Security will reappear when you visit the Bridge and Engine Control Room as well.

Most times it is limited to two groups of 15, always ended at the Steak House, one free drink and fill out survey.

Each ship I've done it on has done it different. One we visited where they print all the pictures, another ship we didn't. One ship on the galley part of the tour we only went to the Cold Galley (salads and stuff) and the other we saw all the main galley's.

FWIW

I did it years ago on the Inspiration. I was amazed at the tiny area the performers have to keep all their dress changes, wigs, shoes. We spent a lot of time in the laundry for some reason. The guide was very, very proud to show off the towel folding machine! (My dad owns dry cleaaning/laundry stores, so I did find this interesting...)

The goodies at the end were great too!

As soon as I boarded, I booked at Shore Excusrions desk. I just happened to be the first person on the ship that day.

I did it years ago on the Inspiration. I was amazed at the tiny area the performers have to keep all their dress changes, wigs, shoes. We spent a lot of time in the laundry for some reason. The guide was very, very proud to show off the towel folding machine! (My dad owns dry cleaaning/laundry stores, so I did find this interesting...)

The goodies at the end were great too!

As soon as I boarded, I booked at Shore Excusrions desk. I just happened to be the first person on the ship that day.

It is an awesome experience. Did it on the Glory and took about 4 hours due to the millions of questions we got to ask.

Woulds love to do this, but I think DW would not see the value...

She wouldn't like to see the dancers dressing rooms and all the costumes up close? She wouldn't like to see the towel and sheet folding machines? Every woman on our tour wanted one to take home :) She wouldn't want to see the galley and all the food prep and fruit carving and the cake decorating?

I found it all fascinating! We saw the engine control room the first time I did it, but they were doing maintenance this time (both on the Splendor) so we couldn't go there. I'm a woman, but I'm also a geek< and I found that the most interesting part ... and the towel and sheet folding machines :)

I also enjoyed the bridge and meeting the Captain. They gave us a 25% credit because we couldn't do the engine control room - but the tour was still fantastic!

I highly recommend it!

On the magic next Aug 2015! and are excited! We already have reservations made for the steakhouse the day we board, and will make a beeline to the shore excursions desk the minute we get on ship if I don't stand "frozen" as soon as I board the ship ha! I remember our first cruise the minute I walked on board I just stood frozen ha! trying to take it all in! I was so amazed with the whole thing that I couldn't hardly move haha! I just hope that we can get a reservation for the tour and isn't sold out already we do have FTTF so hoping that will help. we will be taking the shuttle from Houston hobby that morning. although we will have actually arrived several days prior. We will be taking the first shuttle out of the airport. I really hope that we'll be able to do this as my husband's an engineer and would LOVE to do this.

I have only done the tour on the Breeze, and it ended in the upper level of the dining room. That is where the goodie bags were on the tables, along with handouts containing a lot of the facts we had been told during the tour. Servers brought around yummy beverages while we filled out our surveys :)