It's The Little Things...

fan3car

The tissues are for you to use to hold the handle with when you open the door after you have washed your hands. So you have a barrier between clean hands and dirty door.

Exactly! I wash my hands before leaving the restroom but not everyone does. I don't want to touch the dirty handle with my clean hands. *yuck*

That seems like such a waste. Your hands will be subject to germs while in the bathroom doing your business anyhow. Do you not wash your hands after using the restroom?

Good grief! Out of what I said you deduced that I do not wash my hands? :rolleyes:

I merely pointed out that tissues outside the door could be even more warranted considering the condition of most hands prior to washing as they enter the bathroom. Read it again.

Good grief! Out of what I said you deduced that I do not wash my hands? :rolleyes:

I merely pointed out that tissues outside the door could be even more warranted considering the condition of most hands prior to washing as they enter the bathroom. Read it again.

I have read it again...and it still puzzles me. You go into a restroom to....do business. So why have a tissue to open the doo prior to doing such business???:confused:

Prior to leaving after washing hands of course but before the job is done? seems a little unnecessary.

The personalized service. I'll never forget how well the bartender in the main lobby knew she knew what I wanted to drink. I'd get in one of the glass elevators and if she would see me she'd point at me and I'd give her a "thumbs-up" and she would have my drink ready for me when I got to the lobby. Can't be that type of service!

I cannot say enough good things about the crew on Carnival cruise ships. I feel I have always been treated extremely well. The dining room staff, the bar staff and servers, our room stewards and the teen club staff always greet me by name. I have never felt as greatly respected and appreciated as I do while on a Carnival cruise ship. These are some of the hardest working people I have ever met. I wish I had a bottomless wallet and could tip them all the way they deserve.

Other things I enjoy:

Seeing my teen smile and laugh

Sea days and pool antics

Meeting other cruisers and sharing experiences

Making new friends

Getting dressed up for dinner (formal night)

Taking family pics

Embarkation day-early boarding

Sail away party

Comedy club

Turn down service

Room service

I could go on, but I think you can see I just love cruising! I am addicted!

The tissues are for you to use to hold the handle with when you open the door after you have washed your hands. So you have a barrier between clean hands and dirty door.

I totally agree with you - I love that the tissues are there for the exact reason you said. Can't believe some others don't understand......anyway, I'm with you:)

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

I would rather see the tissues outside the doors. MOST people wash their hands and then exit. No one washes their hands before pushing the door open! Think of all those hands (and where they have been) and then reaching out to push open the door. :p Just one of those things to think about when drifting off to sleep! :p:D ;)

I never push open the doors with my hands. I use my back side. Of course unless you have to turn a knob. And yes I always use a towel to open the doors too. I don't think many wash their hands though. I think they do if others around but not as much when no one is there. That is a gross thought to me. I know I will be thinking of this on my next cruise. Now I will have to use a napkin to get into the bathroom too!:)