6 person suite/stateroom

ffenliv

Before my first ever cruise a couple months ago, I posted some questions here and got great help, so I'm here to try again.

My parents want to take my girlfriend and I, my sister and her husband (and their 1-year old) and themselves on a cruise.

I'm curious if anyone could point me to any cruise lines (operating in the Caribbean) where a 6-person suite might be available?

I'm certainly familiar with the counter-arguments (limited bathrooms, lack of personal space/time) but I've generally struck out on finding specifics - like prices - for 6 or bigger suites/rooms.

Anyone got any help here?

RCCL has Royal Family Suites which consist of a master bedroom with private bath that sleeps two, a small bunk room that sleeps four and a pull-out sofa that sleeps two. There is a second, small bath for those not in the master bedroom. It does have a killer balcony, but I've always felt that only the two people in the master bedroom have any real comfort or privacy. Cost, of course, depends on ship, length of cruise, time of year, etc. You can't book one of these on the website - have to call. They do come with full suite benefits though.

RCCL has Royal Family Suites which consist of a master bedroom with private bath that sleeps two, a small bunk room that sleeps four and a pull-out sofa that sleeps two. There is a second, small bath for those not in the master bedroom. It does have a killer balcony, but I've always felt that only the two people in the master bedroom have any real comfort or privacy. Cost, of course, depends on ship, length of cruise, time of year, etc. You can't book one of these on the website - have to call. They do come with full suite benefits though.

Thanks for that bit near the end. I saw reference to these, but couldn't get any details. Do you have any idea of a ballpark for, say, 5 or 7 days in the carribbean in such a room?

Please note that a one year old is a fare paying passenger on a cruise ship. You also pay tips for the child. So you are looking for 7 people.

Is there a specific reason why you want to have everyone in one cabin suite? It may be more cost efficient to have separate cabins. In fact, there are some cabins with a connecting door. This gives you some privacy and an extra bathroom.

To get a price, go to the cruise line web sites and do a trial booking. Go to plan a cruise and limit to month you might be interested in, limit to Caribbean, limit with port of embarkation if you have one, and you will get a list of all available cruises on that cruise line to the Caribbean for the month. Once you have an itinerary that interests you continue with the trial booking for cabin size. You may have to do 2 people in a cabin, 3 people in a cabin and try the suites.

Before my first ever cruise a couple months ago, I posted some questions here and got great help, so I'm here to try again.

My parents want to take my girlfriend and I, my sister and her husband (and their 1-year old) and themselves on a cruise.

I'm curious if anyone could point me to any cruise lines (operating in the Caribbean) where a 6-person suite might be available?

I'm certainly familiar with the counter-arguments (limited bathrooms, lack of personal space/time) but I've generally struck out on finding specifics - like prices - for 6 or bigger suites/rooms.

Anyone got any help here?

You have 7 people not 6.

I have recently priced a cabin for 8 on Royal Caribbean and it was more expensive than getting separate cabins. If you all want to stay in the same cabin because you think it will cost less this is not necessarily true. Call the cruise line and have them price it for you. You are not able to price these cabins online.

You really just need to get on the phone and call each cruiseline you're interested in. Most don't allow larger groups to book online....and prices vary from sailing to sailing. Call...talk to someone...you aren't required to book then and there! Just call for pricing!

NCL also has high end suites -- Courtyard Villa & Garden Villa etc but the cost per person for the 1st 2 people is very high -- thousands of dollars if not tens of thousands of dollars. I suspect you will all be more comfortable in 3 seperate cabins

Frankly, if there is any way to leave the 1-year-old at home (maybe with hubby's parents) I suggest it. I think your sister and her hubby would have a more relaxing time -- and most grandparents love to babysit for a week or so. Just a suggestion. The baby would pay full fare (discounted as a 3rd person in a cabin). The nightly theater shows and even the long MDR dinner might be a problem.

Oh, and would it be OK for you and your girlfriend sharing a cabin? Maybe that's one reason you wanted one big cabin. Or -- you and your dad in one cabin and your girlfriend and your mom in another.

Archived