Mary Lou's tour hilo

travelmama06

We toured with Mary Lou's Tours in both Hilo & Kona September 27th & 28th & I can not recommend them highly enough & I am not usually a big fan of 'tours'.

Mary Lou, her husband Ken & their son Kyle are the tour guides & they each take a group of no more than six in a comfortable van. All three of them are so warm & personable & knowledgeable of the area.

We toured with Kyle & I can not imagine a better way to spend our time on the Big Island than we did. We felt like we were touring with a friend & their tours are so reasonable . We were able to customize our tour as we wanted as long as the six of us agreed.

I am working on a review of our cruise now with tons of pics. Mary Lou's was definitely one of the highlights!.

Juli

We used MaryLou's back in March and we loved the tour. We had her husband Tom and he was awesome. He told us all about the island and we all had fun talking up a storm! Saw everything we wanted to see, even a $20k orchid at the farm that had just opened up overnight. Highly recommend the tour, you won't be disappointed.

So happy to hear this as we booked their tour for our upcoming cruise in December on Grand. Looking forward to see your review with pictures, Juli. Thank you in advance.

I think you will love it. We originally only booked with Mary Lou's for Hilo & we had a rental car reserved for Kona but we had an itinerary change & I was going to have to change our car reservation. The more reviews I read about Mary Lou's Tours the more excited I became & so a group of six of us from our roll call booked with them for Kona too. Great decision! :D

Here is a link to my review... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113684I will be adding our days on the Big Island soon.

Juli

MaryLou's is great we toured with her husband Ken in Hilo just this last April. Had a great time. This was our 2nd time touring with them. The 1st time was April 2013 with Ken also. We did it twice because we had so much fun the 1st time & people on our roll call organized it with them, so my DH said why not. They will take you all over. Did meet MaryLou also, she is super nice & friendly When it is over it feels like you are saying Good-bye to family:D

You can't go wrong with them!!!!

We toured with Ken in August in both Hilo and Kona. It was fantastic! Ken was very knowledgeable about the island and customized the tour to what we wanted. We actually toured just after Hurricane Iselle hit the big island and Ken and Marylou were out of power for days. (It came back on when we were with Ken in Kona and his wife called with the good news). I would highly recommend this company.

We toured in Hilo with Mary Lou in August. They do both Hilo and Kona. The great thing about this tour is that it is limited to no more than 6 people. You feel like you are touring with close friends or family, and that is how they treat you as well. It is truly family owned and operated. They are not a huge tour company with many tour guides. Every tour is conducted by either Mary Lou, her husband Ken, and now their son. Will tour with them in Kona as well next time.

• 11 months later...

We just returned from a cruise to Hawaii. We used Mary Lou's tours in Hilo. Would have used her in Kona also, but she was already booked.

We had a wonderful day with Mary Lou. The tour was well planned, lots of fun, and very informative. Although we've been to Hilo many times, we learned so much more by touring with Mary Lou.

Here's a link:

http://www.marylousbigislandguidedtours.com

There were many highlights: The volcano, lava tube, orchid farm, coffee outlet, macadamia/candy stop, and especially the turtles on the black beach.

We highly recommend them!

I will join in and say we also has a great tour with Mary Lou's in Sept! Our tour guide was Ken and he customized the tour to our interests and was very friendly and knowledgeable about the island. Would highly recommend them!