LIVE From THe Escape 15.12.09

Cymro1953

HI All,

It's Tuesday, the sea day.

WE are having a fantastic time and the boys are really enjoying it too.

There seemed to be a lot of grumpy bad tempered people on the 1st day, especialy in the buffet. But lots had had flight delays and soon settled.

The food is good and plentiful, but there seems to be more crowds in the Beachcomber buffet than last time and we have been eating as much in the Island Restaurant as there.

The A.I drinks list has been increased and now includes cocktails that were not on there at all before apart from the cocktail of the day.

The weather has been variable, mainly dull and cloudy with showers, especially in Tenerife and Las Palmas. But on day 3 in La Palma out came the sun and it was beautiful.

On day 1 we had to have the sailaway party in the theatre.

Also yesterday in Madeira it was hot and sunny all day, but we had a shower in the evening.

Today has been mainly dull with sunny spells, when the sun comes out it is really warm.

The main complaint seems to be about the sea swells, the troughs were quite big crossin from Gran Canaria to La Palma and you could feel her going up and down. Especially in our cabin on deck 9 at the back.

The cabin, though old, is spotless and kept really clean by the steward.

I checked the boys one on deck 4 and it is the same as ours inside, even though they think they are down in steerage.:D

The entertainment has been really good on the whole, the usual game shows, Who wants to be a Millionaire was fantastic. We thought the boys would find it cheesy, but eldest said I 'm not moving , I wouldn't miss this.

We, ve had Elvis in the theatre and the show team work really hard.

All the staff do.

One thing we have noticed this time is a lot more people drunk, only saw a few tiddly last time.

Prices of drinks for those not on A.I.

Lager, 2.90, cocktails 3.10p, and spirits about 2.40., but measures huge.

DW had a brandy the other day and as he was at bottom of bottle poured rest in, it looked like a double.

Cigarettes are 35.00 for 400. (sorry no pound sign on keyboard.)

But Boys got 1000 Embassy Regal for 126.00 in Funchal (can bring more back from there)

We did Taste of Madeira excursion, went up in cable car and then down the hill in toboggan baket(extra). it was great. It's something you have todo.

Don't waste money on the City Sightseeing HOHO bus in Las Palmas. The shopping area is quite a way from berth easier to get taxi both ways. Lovely Xmas lights and Nativity Scenes there though.

I'm off now before time runs out.

Got cocktails with captain at 6.15 as we're returning cruisers. :D

Fill you in properly when we get back. It's only 3 days left. :(

Berwyn

Hi great to hear from you Berwyn , seems like the family are having a ball , your weather may not have been great but still a lot better than we are having here at the moment ,enjoy the rest of your hols :cool: looks like with the swells we may need those seasickness tablets after all :eek:

mrs.c

HI All,

It's Tuesday, the sea day.

WE are having a fantastic time and the boys are really enjoying it too.

There seemed to be a lot of grumpy bad tempered people on the 1st day, especialy in the buffet. But lots had had flight delays and soon settled.

The food is good and plentiful, but there seems to be more crowds in the Beachcomber buffet than last time and we have been eating as much in the Island Restaurant as there.

The A.I drinks list has been increased and now includes cocktails that were not on there at all before apart from the cocktail of the day.

The weather has been variable, mainly dull and cloudy with showers, especially in Tenerife and Las Palmas. But on day 3 in La Palma out came the sun and it was beautiful.

On day 1 we had to have the sailaway party in the theatre.

Also yesterday in Madeira it was hot and sunny all day, but we had a shower in the evening.

Today has been mainly dull with sunny spells, when the sun comes out it is really warm.

The main complaint seems to be about the sea swells, the troughs were quite big crossin from Gran Canaria to La Palma and you could feel her going up and down. Especially in our cabin on deck 9 at the back.

The cabin, though old, is spotless and kept really clean by the steward.

I checked the boys one on deck 4 and it is the same as ours inside, even though they think they are down in steerage.:D

The entertainment has been really good on the whole, the usual game shows, Who wants to be a Millionaire was fantastic. We thought the boys would find it cheesy, but eldest said I 'm not moving , I wouldn't miss this.

We, ve had Elvis in the theatre and the show team work really hard.

All the staff do.

One thing we have noticed this time is a lot more people drunk, only saw a few tiddly last time.

Prices of drinks for those not on A.I.

Lager, 2.90, cocktails 3.10p, and spirits about 2.40., but measures huge.

DW had a brandy the other day and as he was at bottom of bottle poured rest in, it looked like a double.

Cigarettes are 35.00 for 400. (sorry no pound sign on keyboard.)

But Boys got 1000 Embassy Regal for 126.00 in Funchal (can bring more back from there)

We did Taste of Madeira excursion, went up in cable car and then down the hill in toboggan baket(extra). it was great. It's something you have todo.

Don't waste money on the City Sightseeing HOHO bus in Las Palmas. The shopping area is quite a way from berth easier to get taxi both ways. Lovely Xmas lights and Nativity Scenes there though.

I'm off now before time runs out.

Got cocktails with captain at 6.15 as we're returning cruisers. :D

Fill you in properly when we get back. It's only 3 days left. :(

Berwyn

Nice one Berwyn

Your report on AI sounds great,my wife will be pleased with the freebie cocktails....Honest I don`t have a drink problem ;)

Archived