Private tours in Athens

Janice621

We are booked on the June 20, 2005 sailing of the Millenium. We are interested in a private tour. Most of the posts recommend Spiros Taxi. However, we will probably be 6-8 people and it seems as his cab only accommodates 4.

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks

We used Rani Vassiloudou. I can't remember her website, but you can find her if you google (changed computers, she was in my favorites). If this spelling isn't right, let me know and I'll look it up. We had a miscommunication and she thought we were having 8 people (my mistake) and she came with a large bus and driver (not a huge coach bus, but one that would hold about 15 people so we would all be comfy). She was great. Took us to a wonderful place for lunch. We toured Athens, then went to Cape Sonjoun. Had a great day.:)

Happy Sailing. We loved Millie!

We did Spiros last May. He will represent that he will be your driver. Actually he coordinates several differnt taxis. Spiros met us at the dock and introduced us to our driver. It appeared there were five or six groups he was meeting. Our driver was just fine and the taxi was a yellow Mercedes. The driver spoke excellent English and he was friendly and helpful. He really wasn't a tour guide. He took you to the sights, pointed you in the right direction, and told you where to meet him. Spiros met us again at lunch and coordinated things with the restaurant. I only saw Spiros working with other taxis. I didn't see any vans.

Thanks for your replies. I went to the website that you recommended and prices seemed a little high. Maybe I will wait to determine how many of us there will be or just take a morning tour to Athens. If you stay at the Plaka, how do you get back to the ship?

Archived