Lounge Chairs- should I bring my own, HELP

SportsGal

I read somewhere that people were taking chairs on their cruise. Is this true? If so, don't they take up a lot of room? Does Carnival allow for people to bring their chairs? I have hear how hard it is to get lounge chairs on the ship to sit because everyone tries to save the chairs. Please, any advise on this matter...

No need, unless you have an odd attachment to your own chair from home.

Go ask this question on the Carnival board here for the best replies, but you'll certainly be able to find a lounger onboard for your use, you might have to drag it a little to get into the sun or shade, but that's better than dragging it from home!

Can't recall having ever seen passengers carrying folding lawn chairs or loungers on board. It would be quite an imposition. The other impediment would be that right by the pool area, the lounge chairs are very close together. It would be hard to find space to squeeze in your own private lounger. Also it would be hard to find space for it in your stateroom.

I do appreciate the logic behind your question. There have been many, many posts here about how competitive it can be at times to get a lounge that isn't occupied. If you have a balcony the lounge chair might be nice. Still, it would be cumbersome to carry the chair on board and back off at the end.

:D No, please don't bring your chair! Contrary to what you hear about the chair hogs, there are always plenty (plenty!) of lounge chairs. The ones right next to the main pool may all be taken - maybe not - but there are loungers all over all open decks. I actually prefer to sit in one away from all the hoopla directly around the pool.

I'm with Cotton on this one. The people complaining about others taking lounge chairs are meaning they are taking up the available lounge chairs, I've never seen anyone bring their own.

Go up one deck from the pool (overlooking the pool deck) there are plenty of chairs. Go forward or aft to another area with lounge chairs, you will always be able to find a quiet spot. We avoid the area around the pool because A. it is always too crowded and B. children run, splash and scream around the pool.

There ARE plenty of chairs available, only sometimes they are NOT at the spot you'd first choose.

The chairs go the fastest right around the pool, then in the covered areas around the pool. ( Most ships have double or triple rows of chairs so there are many ).

Going up a deck...there are many more chairs that overlook the pool area, and also some shaded areas.

Even further as on some ships, there are even MORE. THe good thing about these chairs is that they are more quiet, and more private. THe bad thing is they are less protected and more windy. ( things tend to blow away if they are not weighed down well ) also you really have to get a drink for your self, the waiters are few in the higher areas. THis is a great place to work on a tan, get away from the crowds and noise, and catch up with friends or plan you next day. Perfect if you don't need to lay by the pool. ( I've found that most who lay by the pool don't even swim, yet they 'save' chairs and never show up.)

Hope that info helps, and NO you don't need to bring a chair.THere are plenty. When people talk about chair hogs...They should really clarify that they are talking about the chair hogs by the pool.

Dave:eek:

I'm of the opinion that if you want to take a lounge chair do so BUT remember you also need a cooler, floaty things for the pool, a blender for all those foo foo drinks you're going to need, big beach towels because the ones they provide aren't really that big, a sign that says "Private Property", an umbrella might be good, I suggest bringing plenty of your own bottled water because it gets really hot by the pool...I'm sure there are more things you should bring but right now I can't think of them. :rolleyes:

I'm with Cotton on this one. The people complaining about others taking lounge chairs are meaning they are taking up the available lounge chairs, I've never seen anyone bring their own.

Go up one deck from the pool (overlooking the pool deck) there are plenty of chairs. Go forward or aft to another area with lounge chairs, you will always be able to find a quiet spot. We avoid the area around the pool because A. it is always too crowded and B. children run, splash and scream around the pool.

Kids don't run around the adults only pool pn DCL. Just a thought! Metrowon

Kids don't run around the adults only pool pn DCL. Just a thought! Metrowon

Yep, been there, except with my own kids. They were never runners/screamers, we got lucky since we've never appreciated "kids being kids". Now, they're teens and are beyond that. Disney does have a nice product, nicer than many people realize.

Archived