Anyone used Captain Alan in St. Maarten???

Has anyone used captain alans boat charter in st. Maartens? They do a 4hr tour to pine island and tintamarre. We really want to swim with sea turtles.

We are going on the carnival sunshine on September 5th.

I know bernards tour is popular if doing an excursion on your own, but we want to spend time at the beaches and do something we havent done yet like swimminv with sea turtles.

I haven't used Captain Alan but in Dec we spent the day with Captain Bob Cass in St Maarten. One of the best excursions ever and yes we did swim with turtles plus much, much more. http://www.soualigadestinations.com and his email is bcass1111@gmail.com. Check him out on trip advisor also.. Nothing but great reviews.

I will check them out. Thank you for the information. I always get a little nervous not booking an excursion through the cruise line. Last year when we were in St. Maartens we took a taxi to orient beach. Loved it there but want something different.

Did they pick you up at the pier? And were you back in plenty of time?

We did!!!! It was on our first cruise in 2010. Can't say enough good things about them! We did lots of research before and they came out on top. Had a wonderful time and we did see turtles.

Thanks for replying. Did you fo the four hour snorkel tour? Fid you have them pick you up at the pier? Back in plenty of time? We will have our 4 almost 5 yr old daughter with us do i want to make sure its reliable and safe.

Thanks for replying. Did you fo the four hour snorkel tour? Fid you have them pick you up at the pier? Back in plenty of time? We will have our 4 almost 5 yr old daughter with us do i want to make sure its reliable and safe.

Yes, they had a separate transport company there waiting for us as soon as we got off the ship. We did two snorkel spots, a stop at a beach to do a mud bath (not sure if they still do that), and then a stop at some little island just off st Maarten. It was cool, like a sand bar. Offered up beer there. We were back in plenty of time. In fact after we got back, we had lunch on the ship, time for a shower, and then did some shopping at port.

I haven't used Captain Alan but in Dec we spent the day with Captain Bob Cass in St Maarten. One of the best excursions ever and yes we did swim with turtles plus much, much more. http://www.soualigadestinations.com and his email is bcass1111@gmail.com. Check him out on trip advisor also.. Nothing but great reviews.

We will be using Capt Bob Cass for our Breeze cruise this September, 2014!!! WE can't wait , it looks like a GREAT day on the water!!

Loved it. I have done Captain Alan the 3 times I did the Southern itinerary and always had a spectacular time. Twice I went solo and once with a sister. The taxi transport they arrange runs very smoothly. Never had any issues with time returning to ship.

Still not sure why it is so much fun, not your drinking/lunch fancy excursion. Just a great 4 hours on a speedboat with great people. Small group no more than 6 on the three times I went. Went with Francois once and Captain Alan twice and never had a bad experience.

I was afraid I would be tired of snorkeling by day 7 on the Southern itinerary from San Juan the first time I tried it but this particular excursion ended up being my favorite ending to my cruise. They have added a stop at Pinel island with sandwiches which is a nice touch.

Nothing like middle aged people with sitting on the front of a speed boat bouncing over the waves to get to the next snorkel spot giggling like kids. Completely fun. Highly recommend them.

I am trying another company next trip just for some variety on this next trip but not because of any problem at all with Captain Alan, I don't think you can go wrong with them.

Edited by dolfndreams

• 9 months later...

We had an excursion planned with Captain Alan, but were informed at the port the seas were rough and the snorkeling would not be optimal. We were given the option of going out on the boat for the day or a refund of our deposit. We opted for the deposit return, and it must have hit our bank that very day! Great customer service!

• 7 months later...

I took my Daughter, Son-In-Law and there son on a cruise to celebrate and renew wedding vows in October, 2015. I booked Capt. Allen snorkeling for the 4 of us and it was a wonderful experience!!! It was a 4 hour trip and the crew made every minute wonderful. They were helpful in getting our boat ready for the experience and the areas were just beautiful!! I will return to St. Marteen and Capt. Allen, Swimming with the Turtles again!!!

Captain Alan and his team is great - we have gone with them many times, usually with Francoise as our particular Captain - nothing against Bob Cass and his guys, they do a great job too - similar itineraries - both will take you to Tintamarre where you are almost guaranteed to see some turtles. Just check out both websites and if that doesn't help you guess, flip a coin.