St Maarten beach break

rcsailing

Which is the best beach at St. Maarten? Can we get there on our own?

Soooooooooooo many beautiful beaches.

You can walk to the town beach. You can take a taxi or an organized tour to any other beach.

Check out the Ports of Call board for more information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

We pick up the (Maho) bus on Back Street which goes to Mullet Bay for $2 and then we walk back to Maho. You walk right by some nice restaurants on your way to Maho. We grab lunch with the money saved not taking an excursion. Its about 1 mile from Mullet to Maho. Mullet is much nicer for swimming and much quieter. Enjoy.

The attached map shows the distance - very simple to find. The Bus will pick you up right at Maho beach and return you to Back street downtown (Back street is the Maho bus pick up location)

2rfv8d0.jpg

Edited by racerxspeedy
added bus info

We pick up the (Maho) bus on Back Street which goes to Mullet Bay for $2 and then we walk back to Maho. You walk right by some nice restaurants on your way to Maho. We grab lunch with the money saved not taking an excursion. Its about 1 mile from Mullet to Maho. Mullet is much nicer for swimming and much quieter. Enjoy.

The attached map shows the distance - very simple to find. The Bus will pick you up right at Maho beach and return you to Back street downtown (Back street is the Maho bus pick up location)

Thanks for the map. Saving it for our next trip to St. Maarten. Any suggestions for a lunch spot along the way? Anything local and unique/fun/yummy.

Rich

Which is the best beach at St. Maarten? Can we get there on our own?

Orient beach is a good choice. Just grab a cab and go.

There are tons of bars/restaurants on the beach. We have done Orange Fever and Kakao, food was great and drinks very reasonable. If you decide to go, make sure you choose what beach bar you want to go to and have your cab drop you off there.

Rent some lounge chairs umbrellas and have fun.

OTOH, going to Maho and seeing the planes is fun, but the beach is not very good.

another vote for Orient Beach

Travel to Orient Beach has been a little sketchy lately. On her last Eastern run, Freedom cancelled all excursions headed over there. This has been happening off and on since October.

Thanks for the map. Saving it for our next trip to St. Maarten. Any suggestions for a lunch spot along the way? Anything local and unique/fun/yummy.

Rich

Hello again - we tried the food at the beach on Mullet bay - terrible. We joke that we need to takeover the beach hut when we retire. There is a good list of local restaurants on tripadvisor. We tried a Tex mex place right on the road since we were looking pretty rough. It was decent. I hope to try One next to maho beach. Runway or palms. All place are pricey

Is there anything really wrong with the Great Bay Beach in Phillipsburg? It looks nice enough and is close to lots of restaurants.

Most of our previous visits we've gone to Orient or Maho too but our next visit I'm thinking about just riding the water taxi over to Phillipsburg and hanging out at the beach there for the day.

Is there anything really wrong with the Great Bay Beach in Phillipsburg? It looks nice enough and is close to lots of restaurants.

Most of our previous visits we've gone to Orient or Maho too but our next visit I'm thinking about just riding the water taxi over to Phillipsburg and hanging out at the beach there for the day.

Lots of beer specials and free internet

Travel to Orient Beach has been a little sketchy lately. On her last Eastern run, Freedom cancelled all excursions headed over there. This has been happening off and on since October.

What is sketchy about getting off the ship, going to the taxi stand, and going to Orient?:confused:

No reason to book any cruise line excursion to do Orient.

What is sketchy about getting off the ship, going to the taxi stand, and going to Orient?:confused:

No reason to book any cruise line excursion to do Orient.

Protesters blocking roads. Have you been lately. I have. Delays getting through roadblocks added 2 hours to the cab ride back. I'd check with the ship before you head out.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm mixing up the names but isn't Great Bay the close beach that is polluted?

We've decided to go to Little Divi. It's also close to port and has everything you need.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk