Carnival Cruise Line Bought Little Stirrup Cay AKA COCO cay from Royal Caribbean???

DougieFresh1986

Was just looking into Cruise and saw carnival was going to Little Stirrup Cay which I believe is now known as COCO Cay Royal Caribbeans private island.... is this something big???? if this is old new sorry but it seems big to me!!!! :confused::confused::confused::confused::

No Carnival has not bought Coco Cay from Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean allows other cruise lines to utilize the island, for a "pretty penny" of course. :rolleyes: That also means Royal gets ALL of the revenue the other cruise lines passengers spend too, so they benefit the most from this.

No Carnival has not bought Coco Cay from Royal Caribbean. Royal Caribbean allows other cruise lines to utilize the island, for a "pretty penny" of course. :rolleyes: That also means Royal gets ALL of the revenue the other cruise lines passengers spend too, so they benefit the most from this.

Really I've never heard of that... I've only heard of R.C. And celeb (the two RC companies) use the island... What other cruise line have use Coco cay??? Besides this future use by carnival.

Key West is in negotiations with the US Navy about future use of the Navy Pier which is where most of the cruise ships dock in Key West. There are rumors that the Navy is going to move some of it's training schools down to Key West and will need the pier in the future. So, Carnival and RCCL came to an agreement about using Coco Cay for some of their port stops.

And as for Wikipedia, I do not trust them as a RELIABLE source of information, since anyone can go in and edit entries. I take Wiki with a large grain of salt.

Archived