One-Way Car Rental

ShrinkinTexas

I'm looking at renting a car from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Can anyone give me a list of companies that allow for one-way rentals. I have found Avis and Hertz, but for 5 days, a mini-van cost about $1000. (There will be 5 of us). Is that a normal price to expect for June? Who else can I check with?

I'm looking at renting a car from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Can anyone give me a list of companies that allow for one-way rentals. I have found Avis and Hertz, but for 5 days, a mini-van cost about $1000. (There will be 5 of us). Is that a normal price to expect for June? Who else can I check with?

We rented one way with Hertz from Fairbanks to Seward. I don't remember how much it was, but if you happen to have American Express rewards points, as we did, you can use the points towards your car rental. It is very expensive comparitively speaking for the one way. We paid extra to fly to Fairbanks in the first place and then of course rent the car one way. If we did it over, I may have planned a circle trip from Anchorage to Glennallen, to Fairbanks, to Denali, To Talkeetna, To Anchorage, and on to Seward.

This would save money on the plane and the car and only add about a day to the travel time.

Archived