Hotels in Civitavecchia

retired travelers

I answered your question on another post but here it is again.

We stayed there a few weeks ago and thought the room and service was terrific. The room was large and the bathroom quite large by Italian standards. I suggest you get a room with an ocean view. Breakfast was in a lovely room and was excellent.

The restaurant is also very good with daily a special and the hotel has a wine cellar that has quite a good selection. They will sell you a few bottles to take aboard ship if you cannot find a store or you do not wish to go shopping for wine.

I should note that if you arrange transportation to the ship, they ask you to pre pay and add a small surcharge to the fare.

As for walking to the port, yes you can. The street is a bit uneven and can be somewhat difficult depending on how good your wheels are on the luggage. It is about 400 meters to the port entrance where you wait for a bus to take you to the ship. A taxi is about 10 Euros and takes you right to the ship.

We did see people struggle from the port to the train station and going towards the port as well.

• 4 weeks later...
Planning to stay in Civitavecchia before Aug 29 2010 cruise on Navigator. Does any know a good hotel. We were looking at Hotel San Giorgio. Has anyone stayed at this hotel or know anything about it?

Here is the link :)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g194743-Civitavecchia_Lazio-Hotels.html

Archived