Crown Princess to run out of Galveston 2012/13

Goldryder

Great news!!!

The Galveston terminal is only 65 miles from my driveway. I sailed Grand out of Galveston three times. It was my intro to Princess.

BTW - article mentions that Crown has greater capacity than the previous ship. Yeah, it does: Princess added a 500 passenger Riviera deck.:p

Sign me up.:)

Outstanding! We're going to Alaska on the Golden in May, and will definitely sign up for future cruise credit while onboard. No question that we'll use it to sail the Crown out of Galveston ... we're 45 minutes from the port, and cruise from there at least once a year. We also were on the Grand in '07, and have really missed the Princess experience. With three cruise lines sailing out of there, prices should be a bit more competitive ... not that it matters all that much. We're really looking forward to this.

Al

This is good news for us a little further for us than 30 or 60 miles but closer than FLL or even LAX. Too bad is isn't the Grand again. We thoroughly do not like the extra deck things and have posted so a bunch of times. But this is in our back yard so to speak and we like this itinerary so guess we will do it and we do like Galveston.:D

Wonderful! So glad to hear the news. The port is a bit over 200 miles from our driveway, but the key word there is DRIVE! No flights:D

We sailed on the Grand several times out of Galveston...so convenient.

This is good news for us a little further for us than 30 or 60 miles but closer than FLL or even LAX. Too bad is isn't the Grand again. We thoroughly do not like the extra deck things and have posted so a bunch of times. But this is in our back yard so to speak and we like this itinerary so guess we will do it and we do like Galveston.:D

My thoughts exactly. I had much rather have the Grand.

Mike:)

Adding some ports other than the Western Caribbean and Bahamas would be awesome, but they would have to be longer cruises in order to do that. We can cross our fingers for Princess to add a few 10, 12, or 14 day itineraries.

I'm still hoping for Princess to come to New Orleans!!! Please, please, please!

Wonderful! So glad to hear the news. The port is a bit over 200 miles from our driveway, but the key word there is DRIVE! No flights:D

We sailed on the Grand several times out of Galveston...so convenient.

See you should move east and join us in New Braunfels. Much closer from here hehehhehe. About 185 miles last time we did our cruise out of there.

Cheers, Kenn

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY, this is GREAT !

Timing for this move comes just after my planned retirement and not having to pay outrageous airline costs is going to be GREAT.

Even if they start with the same ports there were sailings of Grand Princess out of Galveston around holiday seasons that added ports all the way down to Panama Canal. With Christmas and New Years on Tuesdays the first year in Galveston they probably won't deviate from the normal 7 day cruise itinerary, but when those holidays roll into weekends, look for extended itineraries.

HUGE WOW! Has anyone seen any info on the transatlantic?

That was my thought too! Once I get my daughter in college (2012) I would love to do a solo ta (am a single mom)- as long as I'm not poor as a church mouse.

Plus air from St. Louis is always cheaper to Houston than anywhere else to cruise from. I do wish is wasn't just 7 nighters and would have hoped for some 10 night cruises from there too!

Wonderful news!!!! Princess is one of my favorite cruise lines. I'll be checking my calander to see when I can book a cruise. I'll enjoy the fact that I won't have to fly. I'm looking forward to Princess being in Texas again.

Early on when the Grand was sailing out of Galveston they did a couple of 10 and 11 day cruises over the holidays. Those were nice. Then they went to all 7 day cruises. We can hope they will do something like that again.

We also wish it was the Grand coming back. Much prefer the ships with the 500 people less. Just not enough public places. We have sailed on the Crown and would do it again. Just prefer the others.

Archived