Exclusive Jamaican Liquor

TaNyler

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any liquor that's exclusive to Jamaica or just any liquor you can't get back in the states? Im starting to build a liquor collection and I like getting those bottles that you can't get anywhere else and if you know where its sold thats a plus.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rum Cream is a great option. The brand to get in Jamaica is "Sangsters". I have never seen it sold in Atlanta. Rarely, I will see Cruzan Rum Cream offered, but not Sangsters. The most famous Jamaican Rum is "Appleton". I brought a bottle home myself after visiting Jamaica in November.

I always have my eye out when traveling for unique liquors that I can't buy at home. And I agree with Swegert, Sangster's Rum Cream is outstanding, and I've never found it outside of Jamaica.

Another liqueur you'll want to get is Sheridan's. It's a spectacular Coffee/Cream liqueur that's a must do. It's common in Cozumel and on the ship. But I've never seen it in the USA.

Kalani Coconut Liqueur is made in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico, but good luck finding it even there.

I believe Hennessey Pure White Cognac still isn't available here either, but saw it in Cozumel.

There's something unique about Jameson Irish Whiskey outside the USA but I don't recall what it is. Generally considered to be superior to what is imported to the states.

Happy Hunting!

Edited by Tom.Terrific

The most exciting thing for me about going to Jamaica is stocking up on Sangsters Rum Cream

I'm going to add this to my list for our Jamaica visit in May. Can you tell me where I would find it close to Ocho Rios port?

Edited by Larlabear

Hope you don't mind but I would like to know if rum cream is available in the cruise ship terminal area of duty free shops. Would like to get some but do not want to venture past the gates as I do not like aggressive sellers. Thank you!

I'm going to add this to my list for our Jamaica visit in May. Can you tell me where I would find it close to Ocho Rios port?

Its pretty popular so they have it in nearly every duty free liquor store near the port

Hope you don't mind but I would like to know if rum cream is available in the cruise ship terminal area of duty free shops. Would like to get some but do not want to venture past the gates as I do not like aggressive sellers. Thank you!

I can only speak for Ocho Rios but I saw it pretty much every duty free store, ranging from $10-$15 per bottle depending on the store