Falmouth Margaretaville

deb1eric

There are YouTube vids online showing the whole place, looks really nice

There are? I have done several searches on YouTube and can't find any of the whole place, much less the pool.

Edited by BND

It is basically a very over priced hamburger restaurant playing Jimmy Buffett music.

Big time cheezy "tourist trap".

You should wander into Montego and try a real food stand...

Um, RCI docks in Falmouth. MontegoBay is about 25 miles away from Falmouth, so "wandering" there isn't really much of an option unless you want to ride in a cab for 40 min each way.

We've been to Falmouth twice and honestly, it's not our favorite port, but sitting by a pool at Margaritaville is what we'll probably do there. We really don't care for Jamaica.

We cruise to relax and quit taking all day excursions after about our 6th or 7th cruise and definitely not in every port.

Just jumping in to say we went to red stripe beach in January thru ship and it wasn't bad. beautiful beach, chairs and lots of shade, changing rooms and bathrooms, restaurant and even had beach entertainment, lifeguards on duty and even snorkeling way out and beach to walk on. Out in the middle of nowhere but behind guarded gate. Bus transportation to and back. I would go back again.

Happy Sailing!

Evie

Just jumping in to say we went to red stripe beach in January thru ship and it wasn't bad. beautiful beach, chairs and lots of shade, changing rooms and bathrooms, restaurant and even had beach entertainment, lifeguards on duty and even snorkeling way out and beach to walk on. Out in the middle of nowhere but behind guarded gate. Bus transportation to and back. I would go back again.

Gotta second this - was there in May and it was worth doing.

Margaritaville is open and was about the same as just about every other Margaritaville I've been to (go figure, it's a franchise). Close to the ship, but nothing special.

Happy Sailing!

Evie

We did Chukka beach excursion the first time we went and we had two security guards on our bus and there were two additional ones at the beach. So, 4 guards, two at each end of the beach area, one standing facing the entrance to the site and another one roaming. Doesn't exactly give you a positive feeling with that much security for a beach. I know it's mostly to keep locals away, but it was a bit unsettling to a few people. I was okay with it, but honestly, not my idea of an overly safe excursion. We were also on a bus, but DH and I both said we weren't all that impressed.

And, since the OP specifically asked about Margaritaville and the pool, I don't get why others think they have to shove local experiences at them. OP didn't ask for options. Cruzoholic, this wasn't directed at you, but there is one poster in particular who pooh poohs almost every thread they post on and never has anything positive to add.

Edited by BND

Would anyone know if they have free wifi or for a nominal cost?

You can buy an internet card from a kiosk in the port for $10. It's good for the whole day. We had a JS on the port side and we were able to use it on the balcony and even inside the cabin.

You can buy an internet card from a kiosk in the port for $10. It's good for the whole day. We had a JS on the port side and we were able to use it on the balcony and even inside the cabin.

Thanks for that info, very useful!:)

Great place to hang out!

Thanks for the pictures! Looks like a fun place. We were looking for something to do in Falmouth because Jamaica is not really one of my favorite ports. Looks like this could be a cheaper fun stop for my boyfriend and I.

Hi all, my hubby and I will be on our first cruise next month and will be doing the horse ride/swim in Falmouth. I wanted to know if anyone knows when it is appropriate to tip the tour guides? Our info says to pay the driver the balance we owe for the tour upon pick up, in cash. but do we offer a tip AFTER the tour when the driver takes us back to port or upfront when we pay our bill? Just new to all this and wanna make sure we don't offend and do whatever is the norm. Thanks for your help!