Celebrity drinks prices

BBUK

Does anyone have a website link which shows the drinks prices and wine list for Celebrity or Mercury?

Do they charge a corkage for own wine?:mad:

Any other advice on whether you can buy on board at duty free?

Boy, that $8.95 had better be with a fancy glass to take home with me. :D

The Maritni's in the Martini Bar have 4 oz. of liquor in them, so they are larger than your regular Martini. For $13.95 you can have the Martini and the fancy glass!

Some folks have posted web sites with some of the menus. Here are a few--they are all pdf.

Here is the wine menu

Celebrity wine menu

Here is the Martini Bar menu

Martini_Bar.pdf on dinosaurboard.com

Here is the Bar menu

Bar_List.pdf on dinosaurboard.com

Arubalisa was posting, too! I believe these lists are a little newer than the one from the Galaxy above.

Boy, that $8.95 had better be with a fancy glass to take home with me. :D
Don't count on it. I hadn't finished mine before going in to dinner and they wouldn' let me take it in their fancy glass. The waiter poured it into a plain water glass. At that price I wasn't going to leave a drop of it.--teajak

Don't count on it. I hadn't finished mine before going in to dinner and they wouldn' let me take it in their fancy glass. The waiter poured it into a plain water glass. At that price I wasn't going to leave a drop of it.--teajak

This is the first time I have ever heard of someone not being able to take their unfinished drink into dinner in the "original" glass it was served in.

I had no problem taking my Martini into dinner! In fact, the Maitre'd took it to our table for me as we entered the dining room.

We were on Century last Dec and every day from 5:30pm - 8:30 pm there was a 2 for 1 ($8.95) Martini special in the Martini Bar. These were 2 oz drinks and they made whatever you wanted and included the premium brands such as Grey Goose vodka if you asked. Yummy!

There were also other 2 for 1 specials going on at the same time (late afternoon - early evening) such as 2 for 1 draft beer ($3.95) in the Images Bar and 2 for 1 ($5.50) drinks in the Hemisphere lounge.

The drink specials will be listed on the back of the "Celebrity Today" flyer that they leave in your room every evening.

4.95 for a Martini? I don't ever recall seeing that price. 8.95 and worth it

too. They make some fantastic drinks:)

Char, I have always been able to take my drink into the dining room as well.

Maybe they meant they wanted to keep the glass (permanently). Now, I have

not heard of that one~not the Martini glasses anyway.

But I have never heard of the bartender preventing people from taking

their drink with them to dinner.

It was a first for me. Yes it was a fancy martini glass, a large one with a pretty blue stem. He was very nice about it, I have always taken a drink with me to the dining room so I started out with it and the waiter followed me and said you can't take that with you. I questioned him and told him I had done it before, he said it is the glass you can't take, I will put it in another one for you. This was on the Horizon in the Martini bar last Dec.

For drink prices go to the Celebrity web site and check the FAQ section they have the drink prices posted there and you can print them. They do not show the "Martini Bar" prices though. All drink prices DO NOT include the 15% tip.

None of the drink prices include the tip--that is an additional 15% that they add to the bill.

RE: Summit

Are the items listed in "CHAR's" Cellar Masters Selections available in the rooms via room service, or are there additional "stores" on board where you can purchase Wine/spirits for consuming in your staterooms? (1st timer)

On our last two Princess cruises (Nov. 04 & April 05) we only were paying $4.95 but if we wanted the fancy glass to take home then it was $8.95. Ouch, I guess I will be limited to just one a day...... :eek:

The Celebrity $8.95 martini's are definitely larger than the princess $4.95 martini's - close or the same as the larger princess martini's which I beleive were the same price

I nver had an issue taking my martini to dinner in it's original glass. The only problem I ever had with this (and did it plenty on two Summit cruises) was walking down the stairs in the center of the dining room without spilling my glass! Especially challenging when it's the second Martini!

The Maritni's in the Martini Bar have 4 oz. of liquor in them, so they are larger than your regular Martini. For $13.95 you can have the Martini and the fancy glass!

Some folks have posted web sites with some of the menus. Here are a few--they are all pdf.

Here is the wine menu

Celebrity wine menu

Here is the Martini Bar menu

Martini_Bar.pdf on dinosaurboard.com

Here is the Bar menu

Bar_List.pdf on dinosaurboard.com

Arubalisa was posting, too! I believe these lists are a little newer than the one from the Galaxy above.

Hi Char,

Could you tell us how old that Celebrity wine list is? We wrote to them asking for the current list but we don't think they are going to reply.

Rhona & John

(from Kissimmee)

Hi Char,

Could you tell us how old that Celebrity wine list is? We wrote to them asking for the current list but we don't think they are going to reply.

Rhona & John

(from Kissimmee)

It is from September of last year--2004. If you look at the bottom right hand corner of page 4, right under the listing for the Port wine you will see "C class-9/04"

Yep, there is a 15% gratuity--and keep in mind, that's where the pay comes from for the bartender. Bad (small) crowd, not much pay. Talking to the bartenders on the Century--they do much better on a Caribbean cruise than on a European. The bartenders are also rotated around, so your favorite at the Martini bar this trip will likely be somewhere else next trip.

Interesting side note-- vodka martinis are $8.95, and as mentioned, are 4 oz.

Gin martinis, on the other hand, are 55 cents less--except when they have the special, and you get charged $8.95. Go figure.

One of the folks with us also got their martini put into another glass when he was off to dinner. But one did get out of the bar without being caught (hope the waiter didn't get docked).

Are the items listed in "CHAR's" Cellar Masters Selections available in the rooms via room service, or are there additional "stores" on board where you can purchase Wine/spirits for consuming in your staterooms? (1st timer)

I have the same question.

Speak to your sommelier. I was able to get couple of bottles delivered to my suite.

Archived