Can you pay the difference for a premium NON-alcohol drink?

cheffip

We have the Classic alcohol package that was pre-bundled by our travel agent. I know you can pay the price difference to get a premium alcohol drink but what about non-alcohol drinks? eg Does Celebrity have a formula for you to get a Perrier for a supplement over the price of a regular water? Or a can of Diet Coke rather than the fountain stuff?

My first choice would be to simply downgrade to the Premium non-alcoholic package but based on feedback on other threads that seems to be a very hit and miss option. My travel agent certainly wasn't able to do it when she called Celebrity though we'll try again on the ship.

If you book directly through Celebrity when they have the "Go Big" promotion, you can to get a $300 (per room) onboard credit instead of the beverage packages. Then, the credit can be used to purchase non-alcoholic beverage packages. You can still transfer the booking back to a TA and some TA's will add on additional perks (like prepaid gratuities) if you do. If that is not an option and you drink a lot of canned soda or premium bottled water, it could be worthwhile to just upgrade the classic beverage package to a premium package. Last time I did that (about 3-4 months ago), it costed $10/person/day plus an 18% service charge (total $11.80/person/day).

The packages each have a price cap. If you order anything over your package's price cap, whether it be alcoholic, non-alcoholic, smoothie, whatever, you pay the difference. Is that what you are asking?

Thanks...do you (or anyone) happen to know what the non-alcoholic price cap is for the Classic package?

My husband has changed from the Classic Alcohol Package to Non Alcohol Premium package twice without any issues. Just make sure you do it before you get any drinks.

Thanks...we'll definitely try but some people seem to be refused. Did your husband go to customer service to make the change?

I don't think you can pay the difference to get a premium non alcoholic drink on a classic package. We did the premium non alcoholic package last week and definitely got our monies worth!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to close the storyline here: my TA switched our Classic package to the other official perk, $300 OBC, so we will purchase the Premium non-alcoholic package with that. Does anyone know if they have Day 1 promotions on these packages like they often do for specialty restaurant packages? We had a great deal on a Millennium specialty restaurant package which the we're promoting on Day 1 last time.

Just to close the storyline here: my TA switched our Classic package to the other official perk, $300 OBC, so we will purchase the Premium non-alcoholic package with that. Does anyone know if they have Day 1 promotions on these packages like they often do for specialty restaurant packages? We had a great deal on a Millennium specialty restaurant package which the we're promoting on Day 1 last time.

I've never seen a deal whether online or onboard for the premium non alcohol package. I have bought it before and it's my favorite as I could almost live on Espresso and Vitamin water with only an occasional glass of wine now and then.

The Vitamin water is a good example of why the price caps don't always work. It isn't covered on any package except the Premium non alcohol and the Premium alcohol packages.