Bringing water on board

deecruzer

Can I bring a case of water on board? If so, can I check it with my luggage and will it be delivered to my room? If I bring just some bottles, should it be in my carry on or checked luggage? I have found conflicting answers so far. Just wondering what others have experienced.

Thank you in advance.

Can I bring a case of water on board? YES

If so, can I check it with my luggage and will it be delivered to my room? NO

If I bring just some bottles, should it be in my carry on or checked luggage? Carry on.

Answers in red.

Soon, someone will reply with how wonderful the tap water is aboard the ship and how you shouldn't bring bottled water on board. Disregard those replies. If you want to bring bottled water, by all means, go ahead.

It is strongly recommended that you NOT pack bulk liquids in your checked bags. There have been a lot of incidents in which bottles, both glass and plastic, have been broken resulting in soaked luggage that soaks everything below it. In the case of glass bottles, it also results in shattered glass throughout your baggage.

The issue of liquids in checked bags is not one for a vote or a recommendation. It is a violation of DCL policy. You are permitted to bring in any beverages you wish in your carry on luggage, subject to the restrictions on alcohol. DCL is quite generous in this regard--any sodas, water, or whatever is permitted, provided it is in your carry on. No, you cannot check it and have it delivered, whether in or out of a piece of luggage. The porters will often take and tag it--they don't work for DCL and they do want your tip.

If you violate DCL policy in this regard, your beverages may be removed from your luggage and you're able to claim them after the cruise. If they are not removed and a bottle, can, or whatever leaks and does damage to the property of another, DCL will charge you for cleaning, repair, or replacement of the property of another guest.

The issue of liquids in checked bags is not one for a vote or a recommendation. It is a violation of DCL policy. You are permitted to bring in any beverages you wish in your carry on luggage' date=' subject to the restrictions on alcohol. DCL is quite generous in this regard--any sodas, water, or whatever is permitted, provided it is in your carry on. No, you cannot check it and have it delivered, whether in or out of a piece of luggage. The porters will often take and tag it--they don't work for DCL and they do want your tip.

If you violate DCL policy in this regard, your beverages may be removed from your luggage and you're able to claim them after the cruise. If they are not removed and a bottle, can, or whatever leaks and does damage to the property of another, DCL will charge you for cleaning, repair, or replacement of the property of another guest.[/quote']

The policy referred to pertains specifically only to alcoholic beverages in your checked baggage. No mention is made in that policy regarding water/soda/juice, etc. The only liquid that you are required to bring in carry on baggage is the permitted quantities of wine and/or beer.

When I said "recommended" it was my personal recommendation based on prior soggy experience caused by other people's baggage.:eek:

I had a suitcase of clothing damaged thanks to someone's wine in checked luggage. If you've seen the way the luggage is handled, it is easy to understand how this happens. On another trip, daughter had a bottle of some hair product damaged in our checked luggage. Fortunately, we always pack those products in sealed plastic bags--if the container is damaged, the plastic bag should contain the mess.

I'm not going to take time to read thru the official policy on liquids. Before there was any restriction on alcohol (you used to be allowed to bring any and as much as you wished), there was a policy that stated that all beverages were to be in carry on luggage. This may or may not have changed when the wording was changed to reflect the new policy on alcohol.

Bottom line, as one who had serious laundry/cleaning issued due to some jerk who couldn't follow the stated rules, I would strongly recommend that you pack no beverages in your checked luggage.

PopFla - I see you have sailed many times on DCL. Have you ever booked a Concierge cabin? If so, have you done it on the ships with the lounge and without the lounge (suite room instead)? Looking at booking and definitely want Concierge but can't decide on the best option. Thanks!

It is strongly recommended that you NOT pack bulk liquids in your checked bags. There have been a lot of incidents in which bottles, both glass and plastic, have been broken resulting in soaked luggage that soaks everything below it. In the case of glass bottles, it also results in shattered glass throughout your baggage.

PopFla - I see you have sailed many times on DCL. Have you ever booked a Concierge cabin? If so, have you done it on the ships with the lounge and without the lounge (suite room instead)? Looking at booking and definitely want Concierge but can't decide on the best option. Thanks!

All four ships now have a concierge lounge. Each of the classics had one added on their big dry docks. The newer ships were built with the lounge.

Yes. We did a concierge cruise on Magic in 2009, before the lounge was added. We had suite 8102, which was wonderful ! Despite the lack of a lounge, the on board concierges were great and were able to accommodate every request we had. Go for it !

WENT FOR IT! So excited for the experience! We are sailing Crystal for an anniversary celebration sans kiddos and Disney seems the perfect family cruise.

Yes. We did a concierge cruise on Magic in 2009, before the lounge was added. We had suite 8102, which was wonderful ! Despite the lack of a lounge, the on board concierges were great and were able to accommodate every request we had. Go for it !

• 3 weeks later...
All four ships now have a concierge lounge. Each of the classics had one added on their big dry docks. The newer ships were built with the lounge.

Are children allowed in the concierge lounge ?

Can you obtain bottled water and canned soda in the concierge lounge and if so during that time. .

Are children allowed in the concierge lounge ?

Can you obtain bottled water and canned soda in the concierge lounge and if so during that time. .

Children who are booked in concierge cabins are permitted in the concierge lounge. Yes, there is bottled water, canned soda, juice, etc. available at all times. During the times that the bar tender is present, they can get smoothies or virgin drinks.