Best Deal Ever?

We just learned that NCL is offering four-night Bahamas cruises in October for $99 a night for inside cabins! You can read more about this amazing bargain in our news item: http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=2838

So we want to know ... what's the best cruise deal you've ever gotten? Please share your stories about the sweetest bargain you've scored on this thread.

Thanks,

Erica

Cruise Critic Associate Editor

Royal Caribbean has a cheap cruise for $40 that beats NCL $99

Its $40 for the cruise $40 for fuel schg $99 NCF and 47.72 tax

Crazy the fees are more then the cruise.... BUT its not just NCL times are bad

Actually, NCL's is cheaper than the RCL deal since the actual cruise fare is like $20 plus the port charges... it prices out cheaper than the RCL deal you're speaking about.

We just learned that NCL is offering four-night Bahamas cruises in October for $99 a night for inside cabins!
Erica meant to say $99 for the four-night cruise, not $99 a night.

With taxes and fees and the fuel surcharge, it works out to be more than double that price: about $212.

Our best price was under $600 for a BA balcony cabin on a 7-night cruise on the Grand Princess back in December 2003. That include the taxes and fees.

Royal Caribbean has a cheap cruise for $40 that beats NCL $99

Its $40 for the cruise $40 for fuel schg $99 NCF and 47.72 tax

Crazy the fees are more then the cruise.... BUT its not just NCL times are bad

Could you please tell me when this cruise is?

Would love to know.

Laura

We just booked an AMAZING deal.

7-night Eastern Caribbean on HAL Maasdam 1/2-1/9 2009

Guaranteed Oceanview $499 per person.

(inside would have been $399 pp)

Our travel agent passed along a deal from HAL to provide discounts to firefighters, which my husband and I are. This deal saved us $100 each.

With taxes, fees, etc the total for both of us for our cruise: $1,291.16

Airfare not included. Still, amazing deal for a 7-night cruise for two people. $92.23 per person, per night is what it works out to.

I got a great deal on a 5-night sailing to the Bahamas on Oct. 27th's Carnival Fascination. For oceanview it was $980 for two people, everything included. I'm so excited, it will be my first cruise and we are going to go early and hang out it Jacksonville the night before! Yay...keep those good deals comin'! :D

We once got a 5 night Mexican Baja cruise for $1200 total, including fees and prepaid tip, for 7 of us in two cabins. I saw an ad that looked too good to be true, said "Yeah, Right!," and found that the only date available was the one that fit right into our travel plans. We were in the area anyway.

7 nights on the Carnival Conquest 4G inside, but up high...taxes & fees for two people $988 total. I got this deal the day after hurricane ike hit galveston. I don't know if the hurricane had anything to do with it or it was just coincidental, but we think the price is amazing!

Six days on the Norwegian Spirit from NYC to Canada and New England - $299 per person for an inside guarantee. Seven nights on the Norwegian Dawn were going for $399. Cabins are still available.

Do you know where this $399 price is posted? I booked it for $499 and am curious as I've heard this before too but cannot find it. Thanks!

Just curious anyone booked with a carnival agent, then found a better deal with one of the internet companies. Considering switching but want to know if it is safe, or are there scams to watch out for.

Yes, I did have a TA but did NOT book a Carnival cruise through her thinking I found a better deal on my own (w/ coupons I thought she couldn't use, blah, blah, blah). Anyway, after I booked I emailed her to let her know I booked on my own. She said she could easily transfer the booking (which consisted of 2 connecting cabins) & she was right! Once I received confirmation from Carnival that they applied my coupons to my booking all I had to do was give her my booking # & password (or whatever it's called) & she took it from there, then giving me an even further discount. We sailed in Aug & all went well. Now, remember, she was an agent I had dealt w/ already & trusted her.

We booked a Mexican Riviera cruise for January '09 on the Norwegian Star during their one day sale and got $100 onboard credit and an inside room for $499/pp. The price has since gone down twice since and it is now booked at $399/pp (with the $100 OBC). We also get a free upgrade since we just got back from another NCL cruise. We still have another month to pay and you bet I'm keeping an eye on the price everyday!

Just curious anyone booked with a carnival agent, then found a better deal with one of the internet companies. Considering switching but want to know if it is safe, or are there scams to watch out for.

We always reserve a cabin with CCL first, then contact whatever TA has the best offer (discount, coupons, etc.), give the TA the booking number and transfer the reservation to the TA, who then gives us their deal and also gets the commission.

My best deal was to Bimini for port fees of $37 total. One of my earlier cruises on Carnival I got the 7 course dinner for free because it was my birthday. Of course those cruises I cant get credit for, Carnival and I lost the records. Carnival used to do the Bahamas (out of Port Everglades) just for port charges if it was within a week of your birthday, free cruise. No more huh?

.... at least I enjoyed the cruise. For $37 I got to see Bimini, tiny as it was.

I just booked a 14 day Med cruise, Barcelona to Venice, veranda guarantee, for $1499/pp with prepaid gratuities! Now that's a pretty darn good deal! And was assigned a 2A, didn't like the location, and was able to change to a different 2A that I liked better. Can't beat it with a stick!

Cathy

I posted a thread about it but they removed it. Guess they don't want others to know, so let's see if this sticks? lol!

Here it is...

$1,189 - total cruise BG fare, including taxes, fees, ins, etc.

-$1,000 - Marriott Reward points certificate redemption

-$100 - OBC

-$50 - Check (via mail) Rebate

An upgrade (8A to 8C aft)

& An onboard Savings Booklet

Ok. So I actually paid $39 total!!! lol!

Finally, being in Platinum status & saving those points actually paid off! LMAO!!!

Susie,

Tell me about this RC cruise for $40! Which ship?

Thanks,

I think they said $40 after subtracting out the port charges. There are several dates with $139 prices, that would come out to about $40 left for the commissionable fare.

Almost all the Ecstasy prices coming up Iv noticed some really cheap senior rates on them if you click thru on one of the sites to check different prices. I can get a 5A for $199 on a couple of dates this nov.

Archived