Booking two rooms question

Couchfam2005

We are cruising for our 10 year anniversary and we are taking the kids with us. They are going to be 13 & 16. We are thinking about booking two rooms. One Aft balcony and an interior across the hall so we can have a room to ourselves. You know, for the private time ;) . Has anyone ever done this and did you have any issues with it from Carnival?

Johnnie

Carnival requires that one adult be 21 if a minor child is cruising with them. Just book the two rooms, one with you and one child, the other with hubby and the other child. Upon embarkation, and meeting your room steward, change rooms and let the steward know. It is done all the time, and don't forget to set up the correct sign and sail cards, and have a copy of your kids room just in case.

Happy 10th anniversary!

You can split your booking as the previous poster suggested, but you don't have to as long as the rooms are within 3 doors of yours. We've taken our kids on 6 of 10 cruises and we've only had to split the booking once, because they were down the hall a bit from us. That way everyone has a sign and sail card that matches their door. If you split the booking, you have to get an additional key for those not actually registered in the room.

Thank you very much for all the replies. We've taken the kids on 2 of 5 and they've always been in the same interior room. It gets real cramped, real fast. Plus, like I said, NO PRIVACY!! This last August it seemed like every single time we went to our room our daughter showed up to change. lol This will be our first balcony room so we thought we'd go all out and get the aft corner room. It looks really nice. But still haven't decided for sure which room we are getting.

We did this and our kids just had to be within a few doors of us, no need to book one adult in each room unless for some reason you want them far away from you. Ours were 13 and 15 and were right across the hall. I went to guest services and they gave me a key that would open their door. We could have gotten them a key to our room too, but that would defeat the purpose of the separate room. ;) It worked out great!

One secret to keeping track of the kids; wear them out all day and they will crash in bed every night and you won't have to worry about them roaming the ship. Ours could hardly make it thru supper before falling asleep.

Carnival made me list an adult in each room on my upcoming cruise and our cabins are next door to each other.

Same here and mine are 17 and 20. They said we had to to get the past guest rate. They insisted we had to book that way. They told me to get extra room cards.

Edited by grumplin

We've also always had a separate room for the kids (next door) with an adult name booked in each. Once onboard we go to guest services and correct the names of who is in what room and never been a hassle & they correct your key & sail n sign. Let your room steward definitely know your kids are in the other room...they are always good at giving u updates if they've seen your kids :).