Do you like the new changes to the C&A Points System?

EVALUATOR

Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?  

1,233 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new C & A changes just announced?

• Yes, I am satisfied.
    • Yes, it is even better than I expected.
    • Well, I can live with it, but.......(and then explain in a post on the thread)
    • Yes, the benefits are much better.
    • Yes, I have WAY more credits than I thought I would!
    • Frankly, nothing makes me happy. I am the biggest grump on Cruise Critic.
    • No. I will NEVER get to the next level now!
    • NO. Just NO. I am so sick of the whole thing. NO.

What do you think about the changes to the C&A points system?

This was supposed to be a poll, but I hit the wrong button.

Hey Merion Mom... fix it, and do a poll.

At 223 points....Yes I am Very happy....will take a very long time to get to Pinnacle....but that can be a goal....with nights now....probably will never happen. For us......RCL...we still LOVE YOU!!!

Mike and Bill

I don't know.

Keep it kind of simple. I started earlier, but Mrs E. called me.

Not having a good night.:(

I'm so sorry. :( When my kids were restless, I used to sing to them.

Believe it or not, sometimes I still do.

Try it?

Take the time to read the information on the RC website, rather than relying on 3rd party comments on Cruise Critic.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/cas/secureMemberArea.do;jsessionid=0000SDwcP1H0Mo--m23Tfs2jqkp:12h3g0fq2?pnav=6&snav=3

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/subject.do;jsessionid=0000SDwcP1H0Mo--m23Tfs2jqkp:12h3g0fq2?snav=2&faqSubjectName=Crown+%26+Anchor+Society&faqSubjectId=340&pnav=5

Then come back and vote on this POLL.

Oh, by the way, I allowed for MULTIPLE CHOICE, so go ahead and VENT.

Good Night all....need some shut eye...see you all at 7:00 am my time...can't wait to see all of the posts.....most should be good....but there are those people that will be very upset with all of those 3 day cruises booked expecting to get to D and D+ really fast.....Oh well have fun sailing and in Nassau....some good food there. :eek:

Night Night

Mike

Good Night all....need some shut eye...see you all at 7:00 am my time...can't wait to see all of the posts.....most should be good....but there are those people that will be very upset with all of those 3 day cruises booked expecting to get to D and D+ really fast.....Oh well have fun sailing and in Nassau....some good food there. :eek:

Night Night

Mike

Mike, they got a cruise credit for that short cruise, and credits are being converted VERY generously.

yep I quite like the new system as we can only take the longer cruises being in the UK so I think it's probably a fairer system, obviously people will disagree as they see the time it takes to get to the top a lot longer than before, but hey better that than getting nothing at all

Mike, they got a cruise credit for that short cruise, and credits are being converted VERY generously.

Not of you took a lot of 11 nighters.

Someone that took sixteen 11 nighters would have 176 days at sea and be D+ according to the required level.

Under the new system they have 125 credits, still 50 short.

But they were still 8 credits short of the 24 under the old system, so now they could do it in five eleven nighters.

If you were at 22 credits, now you are at 167, so 8 nights short...one 4 night in a suite.

Well unless I am missing something, and it is early here in the UK (!) for Steve and I nothing much seems to have changed.....we were Diamond , we're still Diamond, our actual cruise days seem to have been miscalculated and we have gained 10 (I won't be demanding a recount;)) We tend to take longer cruises but no extra benefit any more, but for us, it could have been a lot worse. Obviously others will be impacted in different ways.

Sue

I am quite pleased. :D

I have more points than I would have expected and am very grateful for that as I would have become D+ with my upcoming cruise next week. I would have been supremely miffed had I missed the opportunity to achieve D+ due to the timing.

Now I can go on my cruise without feeling resentful. Yippee!

P.S. I realize in the grand scheme of things (thankful for my family's health, safety, etc.), all this hoopla about C&A benefit levels is insignificant.

Much ado about nothing. Unless you are one on those 3 - 4 night cruisers this will not affect you. Virtually no change to benefits. If you are in the Pinnacle group, RCCL knew who you were and was already catering to you. Let me be the first.... I told yo so........:p

So what criteria are they using to convert the points? Didn't it used to be 1 cruise credit per cruise regardless of whether it was a 3 or 7 night cruise? I have only taken 2 cruises (7 nights each) and I show 15 points. So if someone had taken 2 cruises 3 days each, how many points do they have under the new rules? I am just curious as to how they are converting the 3 day cruise credits.

I like the changes. I'm lowly platinum so this has zero impact on me as I will probably never see D+. What I like most about it is it levels the playing field and seemingly rewards you for taking longer cruises:)

Not a very good poll, as the options are biased. Clearly, the poster is in favour of the changes...

How so....and what would you have added to make it less biased???

I must say we are pleased. Because we took advantage of B2B and made D+ in December.

Prior to doing that, we had 19 credits which would convert to 146 points. After the B2B we had 24 credits 157 points (shown in our cruise history)- still not enough points to be D+under the new system. It appears they did "grandfather" as we were told. We are now bumped up to 181 points. which appears to be the threshhold for those that made D+ prior to this new system.

PS - we can't see us ever making Pinnacle.

Well, I haven't read everything, but it looks about what we expected. The biggest :eek: so far is that it seems they took beer away as a free choice at the Diamond event. I don't drink beer, but I can see a lot of complaining about that one (beer and liquor is 25% off at the event).

They converted all my cruise credits to points, even the ones that I didn't take, so I can't complain. It will take me about the same amount of time to reach the next level whether or not they made the change to cruise days.

I'm glad they are keeping double credits for suites as we book suites about half the time.

Oh yeah, the lapel pin: I would not wear it. Nerdy.

Archived