Taxi fares etc.

cruzinchad

I'm visiting BVI Road Town via cruise ship on 14/04/17 with my partner. We are there 10am to 2200.

I would like some information on taxi fares to Callwood distillery & then from there to West End ferry terminal to get the ferry to Jost Van Dyke.

Also would it be better to ask the taxi to wait while we toured the distillery?

If so how much should this cost? Or should we get another taxi once the tour has finished?

I can't seem to find an up to date pricing chart for taxi's.

Finally are all the taxi's for several people the mini bus type or do they have normal size cars. I imagine the multi person taxis could be more expensive with just the 2 of us.

Thanks in advance

There are sedan and van taxis as well, and the published fares from 2010 are largely still accurate. Private taxi fare for 2 people from the cruise port to CGB which is where the distillery is located is $12pp. There is a cheaper 3-person rate of $8pp, that is why taking the safari taxi with others is less. From there to West End is another $15pp. The driver will wait for 15 minutes for free then it is $10 for each of 15 minutes after. But the driver will probably give you more free time if taking you on to WE.

You have a nice long time in port. You may be able to hook up with a water taxi in CGB for the ride to Jost, if interested, and there are water taxis there that return later at night.

Just a thought :)

There are sedan and van taxis as well, and the published fares from 2010 are largely still accurate. Private taxi fare for 2 people from the cruise port to CGB which is where the distillery is located is $12pp. There is a cheaper 3-person rate of $8pp, that is why taking the safari taxi with others is less. From there to West End is another $15pp. The driver will wait for 15 minutes for free then it is $10 for each of 15 minutes after. But the driver will probably give you more free time if taking you on to WE.

You have a nice long time in port. You may be able to hook up with a water taxi in CGB for the ride to Jost, if interested, and there are water taxis there that return later at night.

Just a thought :)

Thanks for the info great to have this knowledge [emoji4] would a water taxi be better cheaper? From CGB or the ferry from WE? I guess there's going to be quite a few people going to the distillery we'll try and hook up with others to keep costs down. Once again thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info great to have this knowledge [emoji4] would a water taxi be better cheaper? From CGB or the ferry from WE? I guess there's going to be quite a few people going to the distillery we'll try and hook up with others to keep costs down. Once again thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes there will be several safari-type taxis loading folks for CGB at the $8pp fare and you can visit the distillery when you arrive.

The water taxi would be quite a bit more expensive that the ferry so since you have plenty of time the ferry makes sense.