Concierge Class or Aqua?

Oxo

My opinion is that if you are spa lovers and are going to use that perk, then perhaps an Aqua Class is for you. The cabin sizes are the same in CC and AQ, so it really depends on if you'll get $600 /person use out of the Persian Garden and Aqua Spa.

Presently we are booked in CC and can upgrade to Aqua for $600.00/person for a 13 day cruise. What is your opinion?

Thank you.

We have been in both and although really liked AQ, would not spend an extra $1200 for it. There was a sale so we upgraded from our CC to AQ. For $1200. you can get a lot of dinners in the specialty restaurants, and can buy a daily pass to the persian gardens when you want to go. As far as the Aqua spa cafe, that is open to everyone. I would hold off and keep watching for price reductions.

I think that's WAY too much money and not worth it. Stay where you are and go to a few specialty restaurants during your cruise. And yes I have sailed in AQ! And keep an eye on prices. If the difference gets below $150-200/pp, then maybe.

We just returned from a cruise where we had Aqua class. We loved it because of the dining room. Blu is open for breakfast and dinner, and we think the food was better than in the regular dining room which we unfortunately ate in one night. Blu's staff was outstanding, and we could dine at any time. Also the restaurant only holds a hundred people, more or less, so it was never noisy, plus it was always fun to visit with someone at a near table.

That said, I agree with all the other comments. We could have eaten at one of the specialty restaurants every night for the extra cost of Aqua. We booked at the last minute so the upgrade cost hardly anything. We went to look at the Persian Garden that is supposed to be so wonderful, and if someone in the spa had not shown it to us, I would have thought I was in the wrong place. It looked like a dark hole and I would never go there willingly.

I think you can buy a spa pass for around $100 and you can eat in a specialty restaurant every night for less than $1200!

Agree. How soon is final payment? Can you wait until closer to that date to check for a drop? $1200 is a bit steep for an upgrade to AQ from CC in my opinion.

I chose Aqua for our 9-night cruise. The pricing was very close, and I think BLU is something we will really enjoy. Our A1 was $100 more per person than a C3, but the C1's were $200 more per person than the A1's!:eek:

Since the cabin sizes are the same, I thought it was odd to see Concierge Class priced so much higher than Aqua Class. My understanding (first Celebrity cruise) is that AQ gets all the perks of CC, plus the additional Aqua benefits like BLU and the spa access. It seemed contradictory to me to see a C1 that is much costlier than an A1. The only thing I can think is since the cruise is 17 months away, prices will fluctuate for a while based on demand.

I chose Aqua for our 9-night cruise. The pricing was very close, and I think BLU is something we will really enjoy. Our A1 was $100 more per person than a C3, but the C1's were $200 more per person than the A1's!:eek:

Since the cabin sizes are the same, I thought it was odd to see Concierge Class priced so much higher than Aqua Class. My understanding (first Celebrity cruise) is that AQ gets all the perks of CC, plus the additional Aqua benefits like BLU and the spa access. It seemed contradictory to me to see a C1 that is much costlier than an A1. The only thing I can think is since the cruise is 17 months away, prices will fluctuate for a while based on demand.

The C1's on M Class have much bigger balcony's. The aft cabins are much in demand (view of wake, monster balcony's) The C1's on the Penthouse deck are wonderful as well. Great cabins.

Aqua is fantastic but not for that much extra. Maybe at $400 for two then I would consider. We had a similar situation on our recently booked 04/05 tour on Eclipse. They wanted £1000 extra just for a balcony. It's really not worth it as its the price virtually of another cruise.

When prices went down on our cruise, first we upgraded to a balcony from an oceanview. The next price drop we upgraded to aqua/spa balcony-both of these were no extra cost-now we are under 2 months out and the price went down again we were able to get into a sky suite for $300 more total. ($150 each)

With that we get two dinners in the specialties for no extra cost. We also get afternoon tea in our stateroom, and cappuccinos if we want-no extra cost- and since our stateroom is now on the very back of the ship I did think that alone was worth $300 extra total. Not so sure I would pay $1200 more, or even $600 more.

Our cruise is on the Solstice, round trip Barcelona. Who would have thought a Med cruise in June would have gone down that much? I guess the Costa Concordia disaster scared off a lot of people. Heck, for the Med I would have gladly cruised in a oceanview. I would have never believed that we would pay less than normal Caribbean cruise prices for the Med.

Archived