Frette towels gone?

hcat

On another thread it has been noted that these lovely towels are no longer in AQ or suites.....and in some cases are replaced with worn towels from general supply......

Has anyone else noticed this? If true, that would be yet another down grade of Modern Luxury...Disappointing!

On another thread it has been noted that these lovely towels are no longer in AQ or suites.....and in some cases are replaced with worn towels from general supply......

Has anyone else noticed this? If true, that would be yet another down grade of Modern Luxury...Disappointing!

Ps, I LOVE the pun, intentional, or not.

Can't post links on my tablet.....no idea how

the thread about this is "Live from Infinity" TA by ghstudio....see post 45 et seq.

Latest post from GH says they have the better robes and towels but posts before from others seem to indicate they are being phased out...per first hand experience and rumors.?

that's why I started this thread to see what's up

I wrote post number 45 on this issue on the "Live from Infinity TA by ghstudio....see post 45" et seq. If you read post 56, you'll read how how expressed my concern while on board the Sept 17 Infinity and aftewards in my comment in the on-line evaluation. Seems to have been resolved. Hopefully for the long term!!

Here is the link to GHSTUDIO's LIVE Report from the Infinity on her TA Crossing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2113512

--- --- ---

This towel topic is a bit of a concern to me as well as we always cruise Concierge or above, and enjoy very much the better bed linens, towels & robes

Hopefully will find them in place on our upcoming cruise on the Constellation

I will definitely report back after I sail in December

--- --- ---

Can't post links on my tablet.....no idea how [/Quote]

Basic process is the same, cut & paste the URL

On my tablet (iPad) I just tap in spot until the prompt "Select - Select All - Paste" comes up, choose which one i want, then the prompt "Cut - Copy - Paste - Define" appears... Again choose the one I want.

Then move to where I want to insert text... Tap again, and this time when the prompt appears hit Paste.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... Good place to play around with ths feature is on your Notes / Notebook App if your tablet has one

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

The towels, sheets, and robes in AQ were "nice", but they were not Frette, which was the original question, not whether they were ratty/thin/rough, but if they were specifically "Frette". They were not Frette in our cabin, but we were fine with them.

I've actually NEVER had anything Frette except robes in Concierge Class on X.

Do they have Frette sheets and towels in the suites?

Do you all have Frette towels at home?

Does this matter?

I don't have someone cooking me three meals a day(or more...lol), serving it to me and cleaning up after me at home either.......just saying....:rolleyes::eek:

Edited by Gracie115

Glad Lorapcin2 posted.....her post was the one that alerted us to changes

I am hoping the better linens are back to stay....they are.so soft and plush....and notably different from ones we had in non AQ staterooms...where we have had our share of rough and ratty We'lll find out soon about Reflection and Connie after that...and will report back

Caladezi.,.,,,no i do not have them at my homes but I buy the best linens and towels I can find where I shop.... Right now Royal Cannon are about the softest I found at Macys. The point is that AQ, in addition to BLU, has special showers, spa perks, etc, and the better linens fit well in the AQ perk package, Better hotel level!

Sloop...thanks for the tablet assist..,I often get that copy/clipboard prompt but after I see it have no clue, I am not sure I will master or use copy and paste or most of the tablet features...or any of the apps they want to sell me. I .wanted a reader and got touted off to tablet which came with zero instructions...took me awhile to even set the time and correct lication for weather! but .it is handy for checking e mail, news and directions etc,,, and posting, I'll let u know if I make any progress!

Edited by hcat

Does this matter?

I don't have someone cooking me three meals a day(or more...lol), serving it to me and cleaning up after me at home either.......just saying....:rolleyes::eek:

Lol me too !!

I go on a vacation / cruise particularly to get away from the mundane... Bring on the pampering SVP

:D

Glad Lorapcin2 posted.....her post was the one that alerted us to changes

I am hoping the better linens are back to stay....they are.so soft and plush....and notably different from ones we had in non AQ staterooms...where we have had our share of rough and ratty We'lll find out soon about Reflection and Connie after that...and will report back

Caladezi.,.,,,no i do not have them at my homes but I buy the best linens and towels I can find where I shop.... Right now Royal Cannon are about the softest I found at Macys. The point is that AQ, in addition to BLU, has special showers, spa perks, etc, and the better linens fit well in the AQ perk package, Better hotel level!

You & me both... I put high emphasis on my bed & bath at home. A bit of pampering I can afford. And learned decades ago that a great bed makes for a good nights sleep (plus we send about 1/3 of our lives in bed... The largest amount of time out of anything we do in our lifetime)

Sloop...thanks for the tablet assist..,I often get that copy/clipboard prompt but after I see it have no clue, I am not sure I will master or use copy and paste or most of the tablet features...or any of the apps they want to sell me. I .wanted a reader and got touted off to tablet which came with zero instructions...took me awhile to even set the time and correct lication for weather! but .it is handy for checking e mail, news and directions etc,,, and posting, I'll let u know if I make any progress!

Glad I could help. Love my tablet (ok maybe except for its wacky auto correct feature that accounts for weird typos / words once in awhile)

Take my tablet on vacation now cause it can do so much and considerably smaller than my laptop.

Internet Surfing - Emails - Maps & Directions - Weather App - News App - Translator / Dictionary App - Currency Coverter App - Games - Tv - Movies - EReader (books, mags, newspapers) - Store Documents (like EDOCS, Tkts, Travel Plans & Notes) - Store Pics off my Camera - Take Pictures (Camera & Video) - Play Music

Yup I LOVE my iPad...

One of the best Travel Tools ever

And I guarantee the more you use it / explore it... You will too

Cheers!

I do have Frette and Pratesi towels and linen at home, and Bulgari soap.

I hope that Frette is not a thing of the past in suites. I'm spending a significant premium to try the new suite offering next April, "Crystal Cruise money". Frette has long been advertised in suites, and the new offering said 'no amenity will be deleted from the program'.

We have always received the standard BLU/ concierge room amenities including

eXhale bedding, 100% cotton oversized towels and Frette bathrobe & slippers

I have never seen or read of Frette badding?

http://wetu.com/iBrochure/en/Information/37730/Celebrity_Solstice/Room-Types

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I went through all of the suite ammenities, but Sky Suites, and they all say:

"Bulgari luxury bath amenities & plush bathrobe" except for Celebrity suites, which also have "Oversized 100% cotton bath towels"

I can't say what brand the towels and robes were in our RS in April, but they were the same as the other suites we've had this year and last. They towels are so big an fluffy, it's actually hard to put my hair up int them :)

As I said, I board in 3 weeks and I'll try and remember to report back.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Yes! The big towels are so big I could not wrap up my hair, either...used the smaller hand towels for that.

Honestly, I usually don't care what brand as long as they are nice, but I do know Frette from other land-based hotels we have stayed at. I'm not obsessed with names, and the X linens were fine.

I certainly loved the bigger towels but can understand how much of a cost saver smaller and thinner would be,. More fit in the washer and far less dryer time. Of course we loved the towels we had in Aqua and CC class.

As for the robes we find the Frette ones too heavy and rather the robes we have when we sail in steerage.

• 4 months later...
I do have Frette and Pratesi towels and linen at home, and Bulgari soap.

I hope that Frette is not a thing of the past in suites. I'm spending a significant premium to try the new suite offering next April, "Crystal Cruise money". Frette has long been advertised in suites, and the new offering said 'no amenity will be deleted from the program'.

Bulgari soap no longer listed as a suite amenity on the Celebrity website. Now it says: "•Luxury bath amenities ".

I was in a Royal Suite on Silhouette last month, Bulgari was available, Frette towels were gone. Sincerely hope that Bulgari is not being replaced also.