S&S question

momof1son

Sorry for all the silly questions. :o

If we put, for example, $300 on our S&S card, but only spend $200 on your cruise, how does the cruise line handle that?

The S&S cards are usually attached to a credit card....but I do remember about 9 or 10 years ago going to Customer Service desk and giving them cash when we boarded.

The night before the cruise was over, I went back down to the desk and they gave me back what we did not spend.

I honestly do not know if it still works this way with cash. Hopefully someone else will know for sure. :o

On carnival you get a check the last morning of the cruise which you can cash at the pursers desk.

the line for guest services that last night will be SUPER long.

Remember your tips come off that cash unless you prepaid so that is like 161.00

In the early morning hours of your last night, a detailed billing invoice of all your purchases will be left under your door.

If you have a credit due you, there will be a check made out to the S&S account holder for the amount due to you.

You can take it to the pursers desk and cash it there or take it home and deposit it into your bank account.

The check info is accurate. However, if you do not want to deal with a check and just want your cash upfront, you can actually resolve your account anytime on the last day and they will just give you your money back.

Last couple of cruises with Carnival, we did not wait for a check. On the last full day of the cruise, we just went to guest services in the afternoon (no lines) and got our money. Last cruise, I knew I was going to order one last drink after dinner that cost $5.95. So I left that amount on my account and got the rest back. If you are still doing a lot of spending, I do not recommend going that route, but once you are done, you can head to guest services at anytime.

Archived