Orlando - Sea World area POST CRUISE

ciship

We want to go to Sea World and Discovery Cove (across from Sea World) in Orlando after our cruise on the Mariner.

We want to avoid all the Disney traffic if possible, so we don't want to stay near Disneyworld area.

We would also like to stay in a place that has a kitchen or kitchenette, like Comfort Inn suites, etc....

I have hit all the websites.....I prefer word of mouth!! We will have three kids with us, so we need a decent pool with slides if possible.

Thanks for your help!!!

After our cruise we are spending a week in Orlando and have booked 3 nights at the HardRock and three nights at the holiday inn. Its the Nickelodeon Holiday Inn Family Suites and they have two large pool areas with a waterpark that has eleven slides. We have never stayed there before so I can't give you any reviews of the hotel but it underwent a $20 million transformation in the Spring of 2005 so it should be nice. Its about 6 miles to Sea World and Discovery Cove. The web site has live web cams in the two pool areas so you can see what its like. The web site is www.nickhotel.com . I have stayed at the HardRock before and its very nice but quite a bit more money. The Nickelodeon is $125 per night if you prepay but its not refundable if you change your mind. Each room has a master bedroom, kids room with bunk bed or twin beds and a living room area with a sofa bed. They also have a kitchen area. Hope this helps.

Sandie

Thanks Sandie for replying to my post!

Yes, I have read all about the Nick hotel. Would LOVE to stay there, but I have never seen a price as low as you told me $125 a night. WOW.....

I always see outrageous prices for them instead. What do you mean by "prepay".

I love the Hard Rock as well, but out of our price range for this trip.

Thanks for the suggestions.......

If you call the hotel directly or book on the website you have to pay by credit card for your entire stay at the time of reservation to get the $125 rate. I booked yesterday with the hotel directly and was given this rate. You must pay for your entire length of stay to get this price though. Normally I don't like to pay ahead but I saved alot of money doing it this way.:D

Sandie

If you call the hotel directly or book on the website you have to pay by credit card for your entire stay at the time of reservation to get the $125 rate. I booked yesterday with the hotel directly and was given this rate. You must pay for your entire length of stay to get this price though. Normally I don't like to pay ahead but I saved alot of money doing it this way.:D

Sandie

Interesting information.......I just might have to go with them because I know how great it would be for the kids (not much relaxation for adults!) Have you heard any tips on what part of the hotel to ask for? Are there any spots better than others?

Archived