Parasailing at Castaway Cay

Sharmon99

We are going on a Disney Cruise later this month (first one ever, we can't wait) through Make A Wish. We are very excited and my 8 year old daughter has her heart set on parasailing at Castaway Cay. I just read that the minimum weight requirement is 90 lbs. Does anyone know if they will make an exception or has anyone done this with younger children? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sharmon

My 8 year old is very excited about Parasailing too. He doesn't make the weight requirement either so we are going together. I am excited to be able to share this experience with him. Would that be option for you?

Absolutely! I wasn't sure if they meant that the weight requirement for any one person is 90 lbs as we were planning on going together. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and could confirm whether we'll be able to go together - thanks for the response!

We did the parasailing excursion on Castaway Cay. I remember a younger girl who must have weighed much less than 90 lbs, she just couldn't go up alone but was able to go up with an adult. That ride also counts as the adult's ride, they do not get to go up again by themselves, just once with the child.

We will be on the Ferb 28th Wonder - my DD's (11 and 17) and I are planning on parasailing at Castaway Cay too. You and your DD will have a blast - make sure to take a camera with you to get pictures from the air and you can have someone else on the boat take pictures of you taking off and landing as well.

I hope you have a great cruise!

Tammy

Yes, the minimum weight is only for kids parasailing alone. My DH & DS (10 yo then) sailed tandem a couple of years ago at CC and loved it! Our DS weighed only 75 lbs at the time. BTW ~ they sat "side-by-side", so both had a great view. We had assumed that our DS would be seated in front of DH, so the side-seating was a nice surprise! Enjoy your trip to my favorite place on earth! :D

That is great news!!! My daughter was sobbing when we read you had to be over 90 lbs - we were planning on going together anyway - thank you SO much for the info!

PS - the cost is $79 per person for both children and adults

Just so you know, this gets cancelled a decent amount due to wind. I made it one time and it was a lot of fun but wanted to prepare you so you can discuss options with your DD if it does get cancelled.

Just so you know, this gets cancelled a decent amount due to wind. I made it one time and it was a lot of fun but wanted to prepare you so you can discuss options with your DD if it does get cancelled.

I had a question...we are going on the 3 night cruise on Wonder on Feb 25th (me, my wife, daughter who is 8 and son is 6). I am planning to parasailing with my wife (tandem) but then me or my wife also want to do it with my daughter. Logistically - would that be possible? As this is the first time we are doing this - not sure if we can do that? Do we have to start all over again or can we take our daughter with us and then do the next run right after me or my wife finish....

Thanks.....

I highly encourage having this conversation with your daughter as well. On our first cruise (honeymoon) we were supposed to parasail and were looking forward to it more than anything else on the trip. The day of it was cancelled due to chance of rain. This day was a beautiful, sunny, perfect day. It did end up raining at the very end of the day after we were already back on the ship, maybe 10 minutes worth of rain. They could have had the parasailing rides running but did not to be extra cautious. After the trip was cancelled we went to the shore excursions desk on ship and they gave us a jet ski excursion for free since it was our honeymoon. The jet ski excursion ended up being awesome and I would highly recommend it. This happening gave us a reason to book another cruise so that we could parasail on CC ;)

I highly encourage having this conversation with your daughter as well. On our first cruise (honeymoon) we were supposed to parasail and were looking forward to it more than anything else on the trip. The day of it was cancelled due to chance of rain. This day was a beautiful, sunny, perfect day. It did end up raining at the very end of the day after we were already back on the ship, maybe 10 minutes worth of rain. They could have had the parasailing rides running but did not to be extra cautious. After the trip was cancelled we went to the shore excursions desk on ship and they gave us a jet ski excursion for free since it was our honeymoon. The jet ski excursion ended up being awesome and I would highly recommend it. This happening gave us a reason to book another cruise so that we could parasail on CC ;)

Would my daughter (8 yrs) be ok Jetskiing? Is it too much for an 8 yr old? Sounds like fun though.....

Archived