Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Cruise Lines "P - Z" > Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Regent Seven Seas Cruises
Read Luxury Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you!

Old December 19th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default All excursions full!

Thanks for replies to my query re.wait list. I contacted my TA ,who contacted Regent. They advised I am still on wait list for our requested trip but advised booking another excursion. However, I see now that ALL the excursions in this port are fully booked. I'm beginning to wonder about Regent's "free excursions" that are included in the cruise cost! This was one of the main reasons why we selected Regent. Has this happened to anyone else? Could anyone tell me if they are bound to offer some other trip. Thanks.

Old December 19th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

There's still hope - there could be cancellations and Regent might be able to add buses and make more openings for various tours.

I hope you get lucky!!

Old December 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM
10,000+ Club

As has probably already been posted, excursion wait lists usually clear when you are onboard. For most excursions they keep adding buses until they have enough to accommodate everyone (which is a good thing for some and not so good for others). Having included excursion definitely has positive and negatives. When something seems "free" people book everything they possibly can. Then, either they cancel a few or don't bother to show up (which is pretty rude in my opinion).

Full day excursions can be very grueling. It is amazing when people do not cancel after a couple of very difficult days. The "luxury" part of the experience is being on the ship....... not necessarily trudging around for 10 hours a day.

Actually, if your TA had experience with Regent they would not have had to call Regent since most people know that a high percentage of excursions will open up once you are on board. This cycle of overbooking excursions and cancelling happens all of the time. We will board the Voyager on Sunday (also waitlisted on a couple of excursions) and will probably end up cancelling at least one excursion that we have booked (already cancelled one with Regent) and have no doubt that we will clear the waitlist.

Try not to worry -- just relax and look forward to your cruise.

Itineraries Sailed: Alaska (2 sailings) / Baltics / Barcelona – Dubai / Cape Town – Rio / E. & W. Caribbean (3 sailings) / Ft. Lauderdale – Lima / Istanbul-Venice / London-Monte Carlo / Miami – Barcelona / Mumbai – Bali / New York-Southampton / Singapore to Sydney / Stockholm - Copenhagen / Tahiti / Venice-Rome / Vancouver-Tokyo

Upcoming cruises: / Rome to Lisbon - 10 nights - Mariner / Miami to Miami - 14 nights - Riviera / Rio to Barcelona - 18 nights - Mariner / Cape Town to Cape Town - 15 nights - Mariner / Explorer - 2016

Old December 19th, 2013, 07:50 PM
5,000+ Club

As above, don't worry. It will work out.

Old December 19th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Cool Cruiser

I second Travelcat's comment. Often when we board the ship we find the tickets for the wait listed excursions waiting for us in our cabin. And, we too, find after several days on a port intensive cruise we forego some excursions and just enjoy the ship.

We always return tickets we don't plan to use so that someone else can take our place.

Enjoy your cruise.

Old December 19th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Make this a sticky

Host Dan,

This question about Regents all inclusive tours, waitlisting, etc. constantly comes up. How about making a sticky at the top with the answers.

J
31/425

Old December 20th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMARINER View Post
Host Dan,

This question about Regents all inclusive tours, waitlisting, etc. constantly comes up. How about making a sticky at the top with the answers.

J
31/425
Good idea !

Old December 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

I agree, not a bad idea. But will someone unfamiliar with CC Know to go to a sticky? This excursion question is difficult because all do not clear. DW and I wanted to see some petroglyphys in AUS. Because of the size of the tour we never got to go. So not all clear!