Need help Bonaire port

esper10

Hi

We will be visiting this Bonaire in a cruise. This is our first time at this port. Even though I read the port review I still like to know from you who has been to this port before if you recommend an excursion at this port or just do our own for example take a bus stay by the ship....We don't like sport or water just see the sights, island tour. Any idea will be grateful

just returned Jan 3 from Southern Caribbean cruise - 2nd port was Bonaire. We did the Semi Sub Aquaspace. Lets you see the beautiful reef without getting wet. Also the port area was very nice - quaint little shops and an artist area with vendors. We were only in port for a short time but we loved the areas we saw. Next time will try to take a tour of the island to get more of a perspective. the people were absolutely wonderful very laid back island.

just returned Jan 3 from Southern Caribbean cruise - 2nd port was Bonaire. We did the Semi Sub Aquaspace. Lets you see the beautiful reef without getting wet. Also the port area was very nice - quaint little shops and an artist area with vendors. We were only in port for a short time but we loved the areas we saw. Next time will try to take a tour of the island to get more of a perspective. the people were absolutely wonderful very laid back island.

Did you cruise with RCCL? Legend of the seas? This is what we will be doing next month. If yes how was it? How was the ship?

Yes RCl Legend of the seas. great ship - We have only ever sailed on the Vision class ships so Legend was like an old friend. Cruise staff was great! Keith and Gio the Cruise Director and the Activities director are great fun. Entertainment was good except for 2 nights that were 50's music - I mean it was good just not our type of music. Ship is clean , spotlessly clean. Svitlana our waitress in main dining room was wonderful (she said to pronounce it Sweat Lana!). She brought us sample deserts every night and had us guess which was what. The acrobatic shows in centrum were excellent.

FYI there is a hidden deck at the back of the ship that really quiet! you can get sun or shade and you have access to the solarium through the fitness center or spa. From the 10th deck go to the rock wall and you will see stairs down to the hidden sun deck. or go through the solarium and through the spa or exercise area. great spot to relax!

Food was excellent both in Windjammer and the Main dining room. We loved it.

And we loved Bonaire - our favorite port! really laid back port area is clean and people are friendly

• 5 weeks later...

Just got back from visiting Bonaire as part of our Legend cruise. If you're not a swimmer, I highly recommend a 3-hr island tour. Ours was with Achie Tours and was booked in advance. It was excellent - the guide was very knowledgeable and the route took us to many of the highlight spots on the island. There are a number of tour companies, all located just to the left of the pier under the umbrellas, and even if you hadn't booked in advance I had the impression you could get a tour lined up.

Straight ahead from the pier is a craft market, one of the nicest I've come across in the Caribbean. No hard sell, and everything seems to be made locally by the artisans at the kiosks. You can find beautiful hand-made soaps and bath salts, unusual jewellery, cooking items, etc., all very reasonably priced.

Even if you don't snorkel, you can see some beautiful fish in the clear water right by the pier.

• 2 months later...
Just got back from visiting Bonaire as part of our Legend cruise. If you're not a swimmer, I highly recommend a 3-hr island tour. Ours was with Achie Tours and was booked in advance. It was excellent - the guide was very knowledgeable and the route took us to many of the highlight spots on the island. There are a number of tour companies, all located just to the left of the pier under the umbrellas, and even if you hadn't booked in advance I had the impression you could get a tour lined up.

Straight ahead from the pier is a craft market, one of the nicest I've come across in the Caribbean. No hard sell, and everything seems to be made locally by the artisans at the kiosks. You can find beautiful hand-made soaps and bath salts, unusual jewellery, cooking items, etc., all very reasonably priced.

Even if you don't snorkel, you can see some beautiful fish in the clear water right by the pier.

Please advise how you contacted Archie Tours. All I can find is a phone number. Doesn't seem to have a website or email address. Thanks in advance for your help.

Glor

Hi

We will be visiting this Bonaire in a cruise. This is our first time at this port. Even though I read the port review I still like to know from you who has been to this port before if you recommend an excursion at this port or just do our own for example take a bus stay by the ship....We don't like sport or water just see the sights, island tour. Any idea will be grateful

We just were in Bonaire in March of this year for the first time. We did an island tour with Bonaire Vista Tours - http://www.bonairevistatours.com/

It was wonderful! Brian (your driver and guide) could not have been nicer and gave us a fabulous tour of the whole island! 3 1/2 hours for a mere $30. It was honestly the best value of any tour we've done. :cool: