Recommendation for Private Tours?

hrhm7

• 2 weeks later...

All of my tours were used with recommendations of other CC members and they did not fail me. In Maui we used Valley Isle Tours and our driver James was wonderful and very funny. In Hilo we tour with Tina Nelson was well worth the price; she was very informative and pleasant. She even offered to make any extra stops if needed. She can be reached at Big Island Aina Tours; 808 315-3097; you can also check out her website http://www.ainatours.com. Kona we did tours through the ship due to the tendering issue, did not want to be left behind.

In Kuaui we used http://www.Kuauiedentours.com. This had to be one of the best ways to see Kuaui. Karen was wonderful; we say things we may have never seen on our own. She took us to some beautiful beaches, such as Ania Campground, Gilligans Island Beach and were they filmed "Going to wash that man right our of my head" from South Pacific. She is a little pricy but worth the trip. Check out her website.

Enjoy your trip, wish we were going back.

Thanks so much, Zimomiller & Bronxite. I have booked Karen for Kauai; her tour does look great. Still looking for a Maui private tour. Valley Isle seems to do a Road to Hana tour only, and we don't want to do this tour.

I have emailed Valley Isle Tours and they told me that I had to book the tour thru the cruise ship..is that what you did? Or where did you have to meet their driver to go on the tour? Which tour did you take with them..

do they have any others besides the Road to Hana?

thanks

Lori

All of my tours were used with recommendations of other CC members and they did not fail me. In Maui we used Valley Isle Tours and our driver James was wonderful and very funny. In Hilo we tour with Tina Nelson was well worth the price; she was very informative and pleasant. She even offered to make any extra stops if needed. She can be reached at Big Island Aina Tours; 808 315-3097; you can also check out her website www.ainatours.com. Kona we did tours through the ship due to the tendering issue, did not want to be left behind.

In Kuaui we used www.Kuauiedentours.com. This had to be one of the best ways to see Kuaui. Karen was wonderful; we say things we may have never seen on our own. She took us to some beautiful beaches, such as Ania Campground, Gilligans Island Beach and were they filmed "Going to wash that man right our of my head" from South Pacific. She is a little pricy but worth the trip. Check out her website.

Enjoy your trip, wish we were going back.

We used Temptation Tours for their Hana Picnic tour (which is the same company that provides NCL's Hana Picnic excursion). They were wonderful and we had a great time!!!

You can read my full review here:

http://moonprincess.com/travel/category/cruises/hawaii-2010/

Click on the second Maui link.

I appreciate the information. Your review was fabulous! Thank you for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
I have emailed Valley Isle Tours and they told me that I had to book the tour thru the cruise ship..is that what you did? Or where did you have to meet their driver to go on the tour? Which tour did you take with them..

do they have any others besides the Road to Hana?

thanks

Lori

No that does not sound right. We booked our tour (Road to Hana) via a telephone call. There was never any mention or connection to NCL.

If they have a tour that they provide via NCL, it does not surprise me that they would tell you to book it through NCL

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your tip - I have gone ahead and booked with her. I am still looking for a Maui private guide.

So far I have read three good review for Mary Lou's Tours so we are now seriously thinking about using her and/or her husband for Kilo and Kona.

Thanks for the reviews.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

In Kona we used Marylou's Tours. We had a great tour with Marylou, she is very pleasant and helpful.

Here is a link http://www.marylousbigislandguidedtours.com/

So far I have read three good review for Mary Lou's Tours so we are now seriously thinking about using her and/or her husband for Kilo and Kona.

Thanks for the reviews.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

Does MaryLou's Tours go to Hilo and Kona? Or just the one port?

How about Aina Tours?

According to her website and to emails I have received, Mary Lou tours does both Hilo and Kona. See the emails I have received so far. I don't know anything about Aina Tours.

===========================================

My vehicle... I cater to four guests and my husband caters to six guests in his vehicle....we do like to do small customized tours that way you get to see and do what you want to ....... Hilo side is $75.00 pp.... and Kona side is $50.00pp we pay the fees for the parks on both sides so there is no hidden costs... We do take cash or Visa/Master Cards... we are people friendly so payment is due on the day of the tour...just let us know what you would like to do? and how many are in your party? our website is marylousbigislandguidedtours.com if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.... Mahalo, Ken and Marylou

Mahalo for inquiring about our tours... We would love to show you around to the main attractions here in Hilo, the Big Island Hawaii... There is alot to see The Volcano National Park,

The Steam Vents, The Thrustan Lava Tube, The Orchid Farm, The Mauna Loa Macnut Farm (where you can try lots of different nuts), Rainbow Falls, Rainbow Trees, Banyan Drive,

Coconut Drive, The Giant Green Sea Turtles when they decide to come up on the lava rocks and bask in the sun..shopping? and lots more... What I do is suggest places and if ones

in the car group want to stop we stop if not we go onto the next place... so we aren't a set tour like the big busses and big vans....We do serve cold bottled water (no charge) as it

does get warm here.... We do charge $75.00 per person ... there are no hidden costs..... we pay the park fees.... now if this is the kind of tour you would like to do the next step is to

send us your names and cabin #...... as we have to turn this information over to the Hilo Harbor Master and in turn he gives us permission to come right onto the peer and pick you

up and return you to your ship... then I will send you a confirmation # and your pick up time Dec. 10, '11 (Hilo port)?.... if you have any questions please feel free to contact us....

Mahalo, Ken and Marylou

ps. we also do the Kona side of the big island if you are interested? which you will be tendering into that port the next day wednesday the 11 of dec....?

=======================================================

Hope this helps.

Kruz Guys

Stephen and Tom

home emial: stephenandtom@att.net

Archived