Twins infants in an inside room on Princess

proudmummy2014

We will be cruising on Dawn Princess in September with our 15 month old twins.

We will be cruising with my parents and Princess have advised we cannot book quad rooms but we must book 2 x 3 berth cabins and once onboard we can put both cots into our room.

We have booked an interior room and understand it will be tight for space.

I was hoping people could share information and photos of their inside cabins with cots / cribs. I am having difficulty finding this information.

Having looked at the deck plans, it appears the reason you can't book an inside quad is that there aren't any. Just triples. And the third person would sleep in a bunk that is mounted on the side wall. But nevertheless, it wouldn't make any difference as to space. It will be very tight/awkward. I don't see how anyone will be able to move around with two cribs in the cabin. Those older ships do not have the large closet opposite the bathroom that we have in the Grand class ships. EM

Starting at 13 months I had mine sleep together in the bed on Princess - I rolled a towel up under the sheet as a little bed rail. That means one of the adults would have to sleep on the upper bunk. Or you could pull the mattress off the upper bunk and have the tots sleep on that on the floor. The wonderful thing about an inside room is they sleep really well.

The picture below is them on their bed - they had a GREAT time.

All the best,

Mia

Edited by Kerry's Girls

Starting at 13 months I had mine sleep together in the bed on Princess - I rolled a towel up under the sheet as a little bed rail. That means one of the adults would have to sleep on the upper bunk. Or you could pull the mattress off the upper bunk and have the tots sleep on that on the floor. The wonderful thing about an inside room is they sleep really well.

The picture below is them on their bed - they had a GREAT time.

All the best' date='

Mia[/quote']

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I would be interested in looking at them sleep together in a bed. Would you happen to have any other photos of your cabin set up with the twins sleeping together?

Sorry, no pics of them sleeping. It was just the 3 of us, so we didn't have the steward pull down the upper bunk (but I had to book a room that had three beds, even though we weren't going to use them). Mine didn't mind sleeping together and I often had one with me.

Best,

Mia

We have twins like you. On our RCCL cruise this summer, the design of the room could not accommodate the two pack and plays. The room steward asked permission from his supervisor to remove the sofa. Once this was done, there was plenty of room for two pack and plays. You might ask about this once you get on the ship. Good luck!!!

We sailed in an inside room with our family of 4, and would not recommend it. The NCL rooms seem to run smaller, and we did not enjoy the room at all. The kids were 9 and 11 at the the time, and when we arrived at our cabin after just having boarded, we were confused by the fact that there was only 1 pull-down berth. We didn't understand where the 2nd child would sleep. The room steward explained that he would be bringing a mattress into the room at night, and place it in-between the two single beds (it was my DH's and I bed that was separated so that 1 bed was adjacent to each wall).

I declined the mattress on the floor because 1) once the mattress was down at night, you couldn't walk around in the room. And 2) if anyone were to get up in the middle of the night to visit the bathroom, the child sleeping on the floor would be stepped on.

Thank goodness my parents were traveling with us as well, and they graciously hosted (1) child on a sleepover in their cabin each night.

Frankly, I was very surprised we weren't told upon booking that the rooms don't accommodate 4 people sleeping in ACTUAL BEDS.

We haven't traveled NCL since, partially because of this reason, and the smaller cabins.

CeleBrat

We have twins like you. On our RCCL cruise this summer, the design of the room could not accommodate the two pack and plays. The room steward asked permission from his supervisor to remove the sofa. Once this was done, there was plenty of room for two pack and plays. You might ask about this once you get on the ship. Good luck!!!

There is no couch in a Princess cabin until you get to mini-suite. EM

For more room keep the lowers apart.

This will give you a three foot center aisle instead of two 1.5ft side aisles.

or push the double bed to one side and put the pnp against the wall. We did that in an oceanview cabin on NCL and the pnp fit in the corner really well, leaving us the normal space to move around the cabin. I think you could actually fit two pnps in that space. It means you have to crawl into the bed from the foot, but at least you preserve the floor space.