**LIVE from the Miracle - Our 10/28/12 nine day (now) Cruise**

NeptunesGoddess

Hi Everyone,

We are on board the Miracle now. Embarkation was a breeze, especially with VIP. We got to the port and were on the ship within 15 min. Carnival's printers must have been working overtime all night because our Fun Times newsletters are all up to date, calling this a 9 day cruise with all the new ports listed correctly.

Weather here is still pretty mild considering all the forecasts. It hasn't even begun raining yet, but the winds have picked up and it is overcast. Sailing has been changed from 6:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

The Captain come on the PA system to announce that we will be traveling south along the coast, not swinging wide east and then south. He said they feel this is the safest route to get us to Port Canaveral for our first stop. He also told us that it might be some rough waters for the 1st 24 hours.

Hubby is calling home at the moment to check on our on son who is staying in our home and our luggage is now arriving to our suite. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. For now, our internet connection is great.

Stay tuned...

Thank you all for the bon voyages.

Krazy4koko - We don't have bonine, but before we left California my hubby called our doctor and he put in a prescription for us to get our motion sickness patches. We put them behind our ears this morning, so they should be in our systems by now. Here's hoping they work. :)

Hi Everyone,

We are on board the Miracle now. Embarkation was a breeze, especially with VIP. We got to the port and were on the ship within 15 min. Carnival's printers must have been working overtime all night because our Fun Times newsletters are all up to date, calling this a 9 day cruise with all the new ports listed correctly.

Weather here is still pretty mild considering all the forecasts. It hasn't even begun raining yet, but the winds have picked up and it is overcast. Sailing has been changed from 6:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

The Captain come on the PA system to announce that we will be traveling south along the coast, not swinging wide east and then south. He said they feel this is the safest route to get us to Port Canaveral for our first stop. He also told us that it might be some rough waters for the 1st 24 hours.

Hubby is calling home at the moment to check on our on son who is staying in our home and our luggage is now arriving to our suite. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. For now, our internet connection is great.

Stay tuned...

D'ya get that coffee and Ginger Ale this morning? :D

I have the webcam up. Looks like an NCL ship is already pulling out. Did they move your sail time to 5?

http://nyharborwebcam.com/

I would take an extra day with rough seas anytime!!

I'm not so sure about that.

We were cruising to Bermuda once and the waves were hitting the ship at an awkward angle, and at the speed we were going, I really started thinking about my stomach.

Lots of newbies were getting sick, and swearing they would never cruise again.

After a couple of hours, the captain finally slowed down, which did delay our arrival by a couple of hours, but it got a LOT more comfortable.

We were supposed to be on your cruise. My father in law became gravely ill and we called our ta last night to cancel, using our insurance. He cancelled through Carnival, who fully refunded our cruise without question. So, now I sit at home surfing the net for our "replacement" cruise. Our friends, Ruth and John are still sailing with you. If you should run into them tell them I was asking about them! I am going to subscribe to your thread so that I can follow along, where my dh and I should have been. Safe travels and happy sailing!

I'm not so sure about that.

We were cruising to Bermuda once and the waves were hitting the ship at an awkward angle, and at the speed we were going, I really started thinking about my stomach.

Lots of newbies were getting sick, and swearing they would never cruise again.

After a couple of hours, the captain finally slowed down, which did delay our arrival by a couple of hours, but it got a LOT more comfortable.

I'm not sure if "being a newbie" affects how your body reacts to motion.

I wasn't a newbie, and I was on an NCL cruise that got caught in a really bad storm (50 ft waves & 50 mph winds). I didn't get sick, but I was terrified. My husband wasn't terrified, but he was sick.

The ship looked like "a ghost ship", even at meal times.

I swore I'd never cruise again, but I did. However, about 2 years ago we were "no-shows" because of an impeding hurricane (no insurance...no compensation).

Just the thought of being in a storm....well, I didn't want to compound the problem.

Hi Everyone,

Stay tuned...

Good luck with that. Weather Channel was just showing the NCL ship going out. Talking about 20-40 foot seas. Hang in there. I might try to nap early. Probably going to be very nasty from around S Jersey until you get around the Outer Banks. Be careful opening closet doors since items may have shifted in "flight". :D Hopefully it won't be too bad and you can have a good time. Take some pictures of that nasty sideways rain for us.

Bon Voyage! Hope you get calm seas soon. :)

Watch your alcohol intake for the first day or so, until you know how the patch will react. My sil couldn't drink at all. It intensified the alcohol effects..... so she got rid of the patch. :-)

:D

Archived