sailing without dining reservations

Akitkat118

It shouldn't be a problem if you still want to make a reservation. We sailed Freedom in October with MTD reservations for 7:15pm...so we thought. We wanted to change one night so we went straight to the dining room only to find that we had no reservations at all. We still got the 7:15 slot.

Edited by Big_G

To be honest with you, I've had better luck NOT making reservations, always sat immediately. With reservations I always ended up in line for 20 minutes plus. If you go at a non-peak time (usually after 7PM) you should be OK.

I've never made a reservation and never had a problem getting seated promptly (we always request a table for 2).

If you have a group larger than 4, that might be a different story, but the ability to make reservations online in advance is relatively new (and defeats the purpose of "anytime" dining, in my opinion. How will I know when I'll be ready to eat from day to day?)

Should you choose to, you should be okay making them once you board.

You shouldn't have any problem however the Windjammer does not open for dinner until 6:30. As soon as you board, go to the Main Dining room and see if you can get your reservations for MTD set up then you can relax and enjoy the cruise.

We will be sailing on the Lib on Dec. 1st. This is the last winter the Lib will sail out of Port Everglades so we have booked three short cruises this season as the Lib is our favourite ship.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by tomko2

We are booked in December aboard the Navigator and I have been trying for weeks to make my MTD reservations. RCL has assigned me a person to assist in making my reservation. The blame is on the dining department.

When you board the ship immediately go to the MTD desk and book the reservation. We always go there to make sure our reservation is in the ship's computer.

It is good to have a MTD reservation.

What is up with Royal?

This seems to be a problem throughout their fleet.

Well, I leave Monday on the 17th on the Liberty and just can't for the life of me get my my time dining reservations done.

Oh well.

Hopefully we will be able to get a table!

We were on the Liberty in Sept and here's what we did. We went straight to Guest Services to determine the times of any and all night time shows & entertainment. After making our selections of what to see and at what time, we then slected what nights for specialty dining. Once this was done, we went straight to the MDR assigned to us. A representitive was there taking reservations. We set our times per night, large table and small table based on our schedule. It worked great for us. My suggestion is that you do the same as there were alot of people standing for tables after 8pm. It appeared to us that 'prime time was between 6- 7:30pm.

BTW, if you plan to have dinner at any specialty restaurant, don't forget to book your reservations when you board as well.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!