Private Jeep Tour thru Cozumel Cruise Excursions

afergvip

Hey guys,

I have done Nachi, Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos. I have also hired a driver for the day before so I have been all over the island. But I came across this excursion and it looks like a great day of fun - it has good reviews on trip advisor - but I'm wondering has anyone here done this excursion?? Would you recommend it?? Did you have a great time, etc. All input greatly appreciated. Going in January and last January it was a tad bit cold to be laying out on a beach so thought this would give us beach time and site seeing time as well. Thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...
I was looking at this as well and am interested in any reviews! If you do this in January would love to hear how you like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have also done Cozumel several times. I just signed up for this tour for our 1/4/15 cruise. All the reviews seem to be positive on TripAdvisor so I'm hoping for a good day.

We're not really beach people (snorkeling/swimming) but love to see it & take pictures. I am also looking forward to climbing the Lighthouse and seeing other historical type stuff.

It is billed as "build your own tour" so think it will be a fun day.

I will report on our experience once we get back.

Cindy

I have booked this tour for late January so I'm VERY interested I hearing your report. I'm definitely a beach person and would happily lie still in the sun all day ... but I'm traveling with my Mom this time, who likes to get out and see things. I've been to Cozumel several times, and almost booked this excursion two trips ago (we did the bar hop instead) and last trip (we did the underground river excursion). Hoping to see some new sights this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CDNJehn

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping someone will provide some info on this excursion. Doesn't look like too many have been/are interested in this. DH and I are doing a B2B, so thought we do an island tour week one, beach day the following week. Wondering which company would be the best to book with. Exciting!

Hoping someone will provide some info on this excursion. Doesn't look like too many have been/are interested in this. DH and I are doing a B2B, so thought we do an island tour week one, beach day the following week. Wondering which company would be the best to book with. Exciting!

I've subscribed to this thread and am booked for this excursion at the end of January. I'll post a report when we return.

I'm thinking of booking this for late January as well. Who did you book through and how much was it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked through their website.

cozumelcruiseexcursions dot net

There was a small deposit taken and the rest paid in cash. Very clear instructions on getting to the meeting point.

I've done this tour and it was really good. You start off walkign from the port right around the corner to this little house on the shore. You get a snorkeling briefing for newbies and then they take you right there for some really nice snorkeling. You can see the ship not too far away in fact i venture you could swim to it. They take a picture of you snorkeling in the water.

Then you are taken to the jeeps and assigned 4 per. We had a nice couple from Canada join us. You go around visiting some of the tequila places. The beach stop was nice although we didn't venture into the water as the seas looked pretty rough. We sat in the catina (El Diablo) and had some awesome magaritas and fresh chips and salsa.

They stopped in a place called Marigot where they gave some history about the natives and the real story behind 2012. They bring a native clad, abit scary for us, but many people took pictures. You could haggle for souvenirs there with some of the vendors.

Then they took us around again and came to their little spot where they served the free lunch. The lunch was really good, in a nice seaside location on the other side of the island. Beach is not as nice there but you could do some snorkeling. They also had a pool there too if you wanted that kind of swimming.

Then it was back to ship via a different route that tookl you through a neighborhood, right past the airport.

All in all the trip was fantastic, the guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. We gave them an extra tip.

I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we did.

You get a snorkeling briefing for newbies and then they take you right there for some really nice snorkeling. You can see the ship not too far away in fact i venture you could swim to it. They take a picture of you snorkeling in the water.

All in all the trip was fantastic, the guides were very knowledgeable and friendly. We gave them an extra tip.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. The description says it's a customizable tour...were you asked to provide input on what you did? I have snorkeled from shore near port before and was more interested in places we haven't been before.

Can I ask what you consider an 'extra tip'. I honestly never know what to tip for these types of excursions...I'm sure either really OVER tip or really UNDER tip. ;)

I'm confused about it being "private". If there are just two of us, will we be paired up with another couple? Is it more than just one jeep? We have seen the other tours where there is a convoy of jeeps. Would like to go with others, but this "private" one has the best reviews, with the better price.:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a private dune buggy tour through this company. I emailed them multiple times and they never responded to any of my emails. Since they never responded I was worried they wouldn't show up the day of the tour so I ended up canceling the excursion 2 days before our cruise left and booked with a different company. I got an email the next day confirming my reservation and details on where/what time to meet. They completely ignored my cancellation email. So although I did not actually go on an excursion with this company I would be cautious because they were horrible with communicating before the excursion.

I booked a private dune buggy tour through this company. I emailed them multiple times and they never responded to any of my emails. Since they never responded I was worried they wouldn't show up the day of the tour so I ended up canceling the excursion 2 days before our cruise left and booked with a different company. I got an email the next day confirming my reservation and details on where/what time to meet. They completely ignored my cancellation email. So although I did not actually go on an excursion with this company I would be cautious because they were horrible with communicating before the excursion.

bummer! I am considering a jeep tour in May but don't like to hear that they don't communicate well.

Some other folks are doing this excursion in the next couple weeks - hopefully they'll have good reports when they return.

• 2 weeks later...

So first, there are 2 "cozumelcruiseexcursions" websites ... one is .com and one is .net. My review is related to the .net company.

I actually initially communicated with them two years ago, and after opting for other excursions on our last two trips, I decided to book them this time.

The communication from them was great. They responded to my enquiry with detailed information that was clearly a form response, but very helpful. I booked online, putting down a small deposit and the rest paid in cash before we left on the tour.

They sent detailed instructions the week before our tour. Instructions on where to meet were clear and concise, and even made suggestions on when to cross the street to avoid vendors/tour operators.

Our driver, Leo (I think, I forgot to write his name down) was AWESOME. He works as a waiter at Paradise Beach as well. Super fun guy. It was just my Mom, myself and the guide, no other jeeps or people. He asked what things we wanted to do/see and we were off. There was a small cooler with water and beer at our disposal.

We went to a small beach bar to evaluate the water (it was a bit rough) and whether we wanted to snorkel there. We opted not to, and headed down to Punta Sur (entry fee was included). We went up the viewing tower and the lighthouse.

ImageUploadedByForums1423095338.703456.jpg.960e2098e3f45bc90585a46e1f62c8b4.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1423095358.467155.jpg.69a934156171dbf3b881557612e7f077.jpg

The guide offered to take our photos along the way and gave us some info about the area. We followed a group with a park guide and listened in as well.

We headed out and stopped for a photo op along the coast, on the ironshore.

ImageUploadedByForums1423095277.335527.jpg.c10fee172710f75c47314688859987da.jpg

After that we went for our lunch. We went to La Palapa de San Martin. Lunch was included, which was a chicken fajita platter. We paid for our own beer and soda. After lunch we went across the street to a gorgeous beach. There were massages available (for a fee). Sand was super soft and the beach was not crowded at all.

ImageUploadedByForums1423095393.603832.jpg.0c27417af4c58d79d2da3c2828c5b5f7.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1423095410.519521.jpg.12fe81e2b8c3c0bf5385c50608fa9e71.jpg

After that we headed up the east side of the island and stopped to see some of the beaches along the way. From there we headed to a tequila place (not the big one on the right). The folks there were very nice and knowledgable, and of course I got suckered into some tequila. Twist my arm. ;)

We wanted to do some shopping before leaving so we asked to head back to port. The driver ensured there was nothing else we wanted to see before heading back. We were gone for about 6 hours in total and had a great time. I would highly recommend cozumelcruiseexcursions.net

Thanks for a thorough review!

We are considering this service on our upcoming day at Cozumel and your information really helps. We had been planning to go to Chankanaab Park but they will not provide information on policies regarding photography, so we are looking for something else.

Did you do a jeep tour? That looks like a great time. Did you feel like you could customize your tour?

So first, there are 2 "cozumelcruiseexcursions" websites ... one is .com and one is .net. My review is related to the .net company.

I actually initially communicated with them two years ago, and after opting for other excursions on our last two trips, I decided to book them this time.

The communication from them was great. They responded to my enquiry with detailed information that was clearly a form response, but very helpful. I booked online, putting down a small deposit and the rest paid in cash before we left on the tour.

They sent detailed instructions the week before our tour. Instructions on where to meet were clear and concise, and even made suggestions on when to cross the street to avoid vendors/tour operators.

Our driver, Leo (I think, I forgot to write his name down) was AWESOME. He works as a waiter at Paradise Beach as well. Super fun guy. It was just my Mom, myself and the guide, no other jeeps or people. He asked what things we wanted to do/see and we were off. There was a small cooler with water and beer at our disposal.

We went to a small beach bar to evaluate the water (it was a bit rough) and whether we wanted to snorkel there. We opted not to, and headed down to Punta Sur (entry fee was included). We went up the viewing tower and the lighthouse.

[ATTACH]339170[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]339171[/ATTACH]

The guide offered to take our photos along the way and gave us some info about the area. We followed a group with a park guide and listened in as well.

We headed out and stopped for a photo op along the coast, on the ironshore.

[ATTACH]339169[/ATTACH]

After that we went for our lunch. We went to La Palapa de San Martin. Lunch was included, which was a chicken fajita platter. We paid for our own beer and soda. After lunch we went across the street to a gorgeous beach. There were massages available (for a fee). Sand was super soft and the beach was not crowded at all.

[ATTACH]339172[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]339173[/ATTACH]

After that we headed up the east side of the island and stopped to see some of the beaches along the way. From there we headed to a tequila place (not the big one on the right). The folks there were very nice and knowledgable, and of course I got suckered into some tequila. Twist my arm. ;)

We wanted to do some shopping before leaving so we asked to head back to port. The driver ensured there was nothing else we wanted to see before heading back. We were gone for about 6 hours in total and had a great time. I would highly recommend cozumelcruiseexcursions.net

Which pier were you at? Did you have to walk far to meet the jeep and did he drive you all the time? There have been reports of customers having to drive in and out of port area? How many did the jeep seat and were there seat belts? Thanks!

Can you tell me the email address that the Cozumel Cruise Excursions (.net) used when communicating with you? I've tried to get hold of them both by email and phone and haven't had any luck. We booked online and their system inadvertently changed my booking date to the date I was sending off the email. Thanks.

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

We booked the Private Jeep Tour with Cozumel Cruise Excursions (dot net) and the tour was great! It was just my family of 4 and we went snorkeling, to Punta Sur, and to the eastern side of the island. The communication with the company before the cruise was excellent. I got an immediate confirmation email after reserving, and then John followed up with t personal email.

I gave a very lengthy and detailed picture-heavy review from our January 2015 cruise beginning at post #15: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2169332

Can you tell me the email address that the Cozumel Cruise Excursions (.net) used when communicating with you? I've tried to get hold of them both by email and phone and haven't had any luck. We booked online and their system inadvertently changed my booking date to the date I was sending off the email. Thanks.

Carol

CozumelCruiseExcursions@Gmail.com

• 1 month later...

Carol

This exact thing has happened to me, I've tried a couple of email addresses and a couple of phone numbers, but no joy.

I think we will just go and see if they show up, if not, we'll take a cab to Chackanaab (?) as a back up plan. :)

• 3 weeks later...

just got a note from CozumelCruiseExcursions@Gmail.com about our upcoming excursion. As follows:

There has recently been a change in management, and Frank is no longer our tour coordinator because we had discovered Frank was doing some very bad things behind our back, while my wife and I were in the hospital in Cancun. We now have Carla & JC as our tour coordinators, and Carla is actually a family member. JC has been with our family since the beginning and has been featured in MANY of our 5 star reviews. He will still be available to take out tours as well. We discovered that Frank had been trying to email our upcoming guests and change their meeting point location to try and steal them. We are very sorry if he has reached out to you, and please do not use this information. We will also have our guides and authorities at this fake meeting point location just in case. But he already knows we found out about his SCAM and has not even showed up, but we are taking precautions. The reservation info that was sent to you previously is correct, and the only change is the contact number, which is provided above and below. This has not affected the quality of our tours, and we still have the #1 tour guides :) Frank is not a tour guide, and if you have requested a particular guide, you will still have them.

We cannot tell you how sorry we are about this, and we cannot believe that someone could be so devious, especially when we were dealing with a family emergency with my wife who has a rare blood disease. She normally handles our communication, and it had caused a delay in returning our guests emails, but we have now caught up on everything and have also hired someone to help us. We are very sorry to bother everyone about this, and we promise that this has not affected the quality of our tours. The new management will actually guarantee that things will be operated correctly. I to have returned and will make sure that everything is going perfectly.

Our family has been in business for over 15 years now, and has always provided the best quality service. We have the very best guides who have worked with us forever, and will continue to work with us for a very long time. We promise that you’re going to have an amazing time, and we look forward to meeting you and making new friends :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, and we are very sorry for the inconvenience.