Roatan excursions - Is this plan realistic?

Wadecool

Arriving in Roatan on the Escape on the 12th and I have a final plan for our day. I would like to run it by those in the know to make sure its realistic. I am unsure about some of the travel times.

NCL Escape - 10am - 6pm in Roatan

Booked with Rony Tours for private tour so we will have our own driver for the day

- Off ship and in vehicle with Rony by 11am

- 30 min from NCL port to Pirates of Caribbean Zipline (1130am)

- Extremely Extreme Zipline with POC, 2 hours, (130pm)

- Drive time between POC and Daniel Johnsons

- Daniel Johnsons Sloth and Monkey Hangout (2pm)

- Travel time between Daniel Johnsons and West Bay beach

- Remainder of day at Infinity Bay in West Bay beach (3pm to ??)

We would like to be back on ship 45 min to an hour before departure.

I guess I want to know if this day is too full. I need to know first of all if its even possible. It's a self-defeating plan if we have just enough time to do everything and are on a clock all day.

Thanks in advance

Check with Rony. If he thinks it's too much, he'll tell you and offer alternatives. But you're basically going back and forth on the island. Start with the sloths, then POC, then Infinity. More time at Infinity.

Sent from my Acer Chromebook R11 (CB5-132T / C738T) using Forums mobile app

Rony is good. Check with him. I would suggest going to South Shore extreme zip line within 3 minutes of Infinity Bay after the sloth hangout and also maybe getting off the ship 1/2 to 1 hour earlier. Don't forget about the difference between ship time and Roatan time.

Rony is good. Check with him. I would suggest going to South Shore extreme zip line within 3 minutes of Infinity Bay after the sloth hangout and also maybe getting off the ship 1/2 to 1 hour earlier. Don't forget about the difference between ship time and Roatan time.

I like south shore but I'm 6'7"/330lbs and pirates is only one with weight limit that will accommodate me (375lbs). South shore has max weight of 300lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good point is all I'm going to say. I did consider recanting some of John Pinette's (my fav comedian RIP John) material, but decided better not. I live near Beachers just down the beach a short walk from Infinity Bay and if you ask around either place for Drummer Dave, they'll point me out. Have an awesome cruise!

Good point is all I'm going to say. I did consider recanting some of John Pinette's (my fav comedian RIP John) material, but decided better not. I live near Beachers just down the beach a short walk from Infinity Bay and if you ask around either place for Drummer Dave, they'll point me out. Have an awesome cruise!

Still playing down there at Beachers at night?

I'm always up for good comedy. Pinette was great! I'll keep and eye out for you. I'll be the big guy the the UK hat.

• 2 weeks later...

We ended up deciding to cut out zip lining due to time constraints and had Ronys driver take us to Daniel Johnson's and then to Infinity Bay. Based on drive time, PP's are correct, we would have no time at beach if we did zip lining.

We ended up deciding to cut out zip lining due to time constraints and had Ronys driver take us to Daniel Johnson's and then to Infinity Bay. Based on drive time, PP's are correct, we would have no time at beach if we did zip lining.

What did you think about those places?

What did you think about those places?

They were amazing! Wrote a review of our cruise, here's what I wrote about Roatan:

We were off the ship by 830am and went to find our driver for Rony. The only real surprise I had on this trip was when we found Rony’s group, we had a driver (who didn’t speak any English) and a guide who would ride with us. All of the reviews I read on Rony’s tours referenced a driver who was also a guide. Having a driver plus a guide who rode in the van with us complicated things at the end. We had booked a private tour which kept the van with us all day. Our first stop was Daniel Johnson’s Monkey and Sloth Hangout. We were put with another family from the ship and went through the monkey and Macaw enclosures and then took turns holding a sloth. The sloths were why we came and it was worth it! Amazing doesn’t describe it! I highly recommend it. After that, we went to West Bay Beach where we had booked day passes at Infinity Bay. I should add that it was obviously hot but Rony’s driver kept the van running with the a/c on which was a nice touch. We got settled at Infinity Bay and had planned to split our time at the beach and pool. The beach and water were so amazing that we never even went into the pool. By far the best beach of our cruise! No seaweed, waves, and the sand in the water was flat and gently sloped down allowing my parents who have limited mobility to walk around in the water easily. All aboard was at 430pm and since we were at the far end of the island, we decided to head back toward port at 230pm. At the end of the day our driver and guide brought us back to port, we all unloaded and I met up with the guide to settle up. Our rate for five people was $125 and I gave her $150 (25 for tip). I was under the impression that you tip the driver $20. Our guide was clearly disappointed in the tip. DW also commented that she noticed as well. In retrospect, I guess I should have given her another $20? Live and learn. We arrived about 35 minutes later and we were able to wander the port shops before boarding, and were back in our cabin by4pm. I haven’t any other cruise experience to reference but being able to swap out our towels and having someone passing out those cold, wet towels before entering the ship was a great touch! Later in the cruise our ship was in port with a Carnival ship and there was no welcome wagon there at all.

Everyone’s favorite port was Roatan, we all wished we could stay longer.