Bacardi Tour, No Rum Tasting

LadyBeBop

In checking out the Bacardi rum tour, it mentioned that some days, they cannot offer the rum tasting. I researched and found the only days PR forbids liquor sales are Election Day and during hurricane emergencies. Are they any other days the cannot offer the rum tasting?

That's interesting they don't allow it on Election Day. I guess they don't want people voting while drunk.

I'm not surprised. However I live in Kentucky which forbids alcohol sales while the polls are open. It's a throwback to Prohibition and the time when some would sell their votes for a drink.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2082327

Kentucky and South Carolina are the only two states that forbid alcohol sales while the polls are open. SC forbids sales all day.

I honestly thought there were more states.

And what does PR consider to be a hurricane emergency? Is it a hurricane warning (in which I hope the ship would've nowhere near San Juan)? Or is it as simple as a tropical storm watch in which we will probably be back in Port Canaveral when bad weather hits San Juan?

Kentucky and South Carolina are the only two states that forbid alcohol sales while the polls are open. SC forbids sales all day.

I honestly thought there were more states.

I learned something new today. I'd never heard of such thing, that's very interesting though. I live in the Commonwealth of Virginia where EVERYTHING is illegal. Surprised it's not illegal here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
That's interesting they don't allow it on Election Day. I guess they don't want people voting while drunk.

Guess they are worried that the people may end up voting for a Puerto Rican version of Donald Trump;p

Guess they are worried that the people may end up voting for a Puerto Rican version of Donald Trump;p

Or Hillary Clinton. But they would have to be drunk and stoned to do that! ;p